Projected Covid 19 deaths in USA - about the same as 'flu stats.

by The Fall Guy 11 Replies latest social current

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Following Fall Guy's link to the CDC, there would have been 3500 additional deaths if there wasn't any vaccination for the flu. I think he forgot that about 50% of the population has been vaccinated against the flu and even if they weren't the flu would be no where as lethal or contagious as coronavirus which has been subjected to an intense quarantine.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

The link in the article gives an estimate of 39 to 56 million flu infections, resulting an estimated 24 to 62 thousand deaths. That is consistent with a flu death rate of 0.1%.

I have previously explained the complication about calculating a death rate for covid19, and said that while the current death rate is higher, my guess is that it would settle at 2 to 3%. Actually, on current figures, it is looking like at least 4%.

So then, “doing the math”: if 39 to 56 million people get Covid19, instead of flu, then the death toll would be at least 1,560,000 (1.56 million) to 2,240,000 (2.24 million).

Let me spell it out. 2.24 MILLION IS A BIGGER NUMBER THAN 60 THOUSAND!

Dr Fauci is obviously assuming they can stop the spread of Covid19 in its tracks to somewhere between 1 and 2 million people infected, to get his 60,000.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit