Projected Covid 19 deaths in USA - about the same as 'flu stats.

by The Fall Guy 11 Replies latest social current

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

According to White House task-force expert:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52241221

"Dr Anthony Fauci, a key member of the White House's coronavirus task force, told NBC News' Today show on Thursday the final number of Americans who will die from Covid-19 in the outbreak "looks more like 60,000". The 60,000 projection would match the upper estimate for total flu deaths in the US between October 2019 to March 2020" according to government data.

• cofty
    cofty

Why are you cherry-picking?

Best case scenario with massive shut down of the economy and draconian limitations on personal freedom, deaths from covid-19 might, if we are really lucky, be similar to a bad flu epidemic with zero interventions.

In other words there is no comparison between the impact of the flu and the impact of covid-19.

I can't imagine what the toll is going to be when it sweeps through Africa.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Personally, I wouldn't disparage someone with the term "cherry-picking" just because they were sharing verifiable and authoritative statements which are in the media.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

why does spain have a very high number of fatalities, whereas adjoining portugal has very few ?

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, it really is "no worse than the flu", 'cause who doesn't remember the complete lock-downs of society and digging of mass-graves every year for the last 100 years ... right?

The Fall Guy: You're a fucking moron. The flu comparisons were understandable when this thing started, but to be making them now just scream "idiot".

I suggest you don't post shit like this anymore as it's insta-delete level crap.

• LV101
    LV101

Fall Guy - I don't have the facts but know many people who contact flu don't run to the ER gasping for breath and placed on ventilators. I hope I'm wrong and wanted to believe it was just the yearly flu episode -- horrific enough for the elderly - but when they say it's 10Xs more contagious it's alarming. I hope the populace continues with their stay at home efforts and other precautions. We certainly didn't classify Swine, Ebola the previous Sars, etc., as normal flu - (media ignored/concealed info from the public under Obama's terms until 6 mos after the fact) nor did we wreck the economy but 'experts' are in scary territory.

• cofty
    cofty
    Is he a f----ng moron as well?

Yes. So is the broadcaster.

• JeffT
    JeffT

You know the eintire War in Viet Nam only killed 58,000 Americans. I guess we should all recognize that it was no big deal compared to the flu.

• TD
    TD

Yes. And the flu killed more people last year than Ebola, Bubonic plague and Diphtheria combined. Clearly the dangers of these diseases are overblown....

• Simon
    Simon
    OK Simon, here's a U.S. Senator/doctor being interviewed on TV. Is he a f----ng moron as well?

Don't imagine you get to post your bullshit Fall Guy, I'm not having obviously disprovable crap being spread on my site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit