The Noblest Hope?

by JW_Rogue 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparky1
    sparky1

DATA-DOG............your comment is the exact premise of the book THE HARP OF GOD. Rutherford still taught this in the 1920's as a direct carryover from Russell's teachings. The final chapter is entitled : RESTORATION. This is why he made the claim: "Millions now living will never die." He firmly believed that every member of the human race, living and dead, would receive a chance at life in Paradise and that only the willfully wicked and incorrigible would be destroyed by Jehovah. This scenario seems to be more noble and just than the current Watchtower teaching of a vengeful Jehovah destroying billions of people (children included) just because they had never heard of his 'faithful and discreet slave' or read their inane publications.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

True, it seems more noble. Perhaps the "spirit" (🍺) that directed Boozerford caused him to stumble upon some truth...

DD

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

tor1500 said - "....Jehovah don't need us to clear his name, that's why he sent his son..."

Revelation 3:14 describes only Jesus as God's faithful and true witness - everyone else had to witness for Christ - not God! There's not a single scripture which says Christians would/should witness for God!

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/70840001/attention-all-bethelite-lurkers

Rutherford conned the Bible Students with his re-branding exercise. Nice job!

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

" Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe that Jehovah will execute billions of persons, but only those whom Jehovah deems non-reformable and incorrigibly wicked. Who are these ones? We cannot say, nor can we judge our fellow man."

DD They could never say that because it would totally contradict their disfellowhipping procedures. I don't think they'll be giving up on those anytime soon. It is the only thing keeping many in the org. The above sentiment would also encourage many to fade from meetings and FS.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WT writing department will someday be forced to write: " Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe that Jehovah will execute billions of persons, but only those whom Jehovah deems non-reformable and incorrigibly wicked. Who are these ones? We cannot say, nor can we judge our fellow man.".....DD

JW's were already saying that at the door,over a decade ago..

2 JW women drove out to the middle of nowhere..

To knock on my door and lie to me..

Then their piece of crap car,died right on the ranch driveway..

You know what was in the car?..More JW women!..

Guess who had to fix the car to get them off the ranch?!....ME!!..LOL!!

Jesus H Christ on a Cracker..LOL!!

The last thing I wanted..

Was to be stuck with a car load of JW women,until their help arrived..

Good lord those women could talk..Yap..yap..yap..

Nobody was listening,just talking..

I tightened up their battery cable and sent them on their way..

Good Bye Ladies!!..

Image result for twilight zone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit