A conversation with M. James Penton (Watchtower historian, author and former elder)

by oppostate 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Simon
    Simon
    My comment was to a poster that has since been deleted in case you were confused

Yes, seemed like a nut.

I think they were both from a generation before social media and were probably too busy for it (plus probably moved on somewhat)

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

It was nice to put a voice and a personality to the name. I am very impressed with Jim Penton and his books will be on my list of things to read. Thanks for the post!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Tony Morris says that if you've been missing out in field service, Jehovah looks down and sees on your hands, the blood of those you missed calling on.

By that logic, what would be the point in ever going in the ministry again once you already have someone's blood on your hands? It seems to me, no amount of field service from that point forward, could ever undo the damage you've supposedly already done.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Jim Penton did post here, and as on Chanel C he was most interested in liberal politics, and the Israel/Palestine situation. If it wasn't really him, whoever it was did a good impersonation. But I'm convinced it was him.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/users/28006/James%20Penton

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

The interview was well done and very enlightening.

• zeb
    zeb

On 33.01 aprox is mentioned House to house. I wonder hm H2H work Rutherford actually did. Can anyone answer please.

He mentions the up coming Canadian situation of the huge law suit pending.

I watched this interview right through and it is a very well recorded and easy to view and listwen too.

thankyou Cedars and Prof Penton.

• Boco
    Boco

Good interview, and ear opening. I'll re-watch again as I had it playing in the background.

• BereanThinker7
    BereanThinker7

I recently have been associating with the "Free Bible Students" and saw his name on a prayer list in the monthly newsletter. I was like no way could that be the same Penton? Sure enough it is. I hope to be able to meet him at a conference and wish him could health for years to come! Not many are left who were around for the post 1975 craziness with Franz getting the boot and all that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit