Genesis chapter one can make your life meaningful and joyful

by venus 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• venus
    venus

Literal reading of Genesis chapter one brings no benefit because you would see God as speaking to fishes and birds (Genesis 1:22) which we know is not possible. However, with “a king’s mind” if one looks for the implied truth behind its literary allusions it may bring immense benefit. (Proverb 25:2) For example:

Genesis 1:14-18 show sun exists to “govern” or to guide us. Metaphysically, sun is a great teacher because it is always a giver of energy (light and heat), and never receives anything from others. At the sight of sun, one can think: “I too must be a giver of light and warmth” (i.e. I must choose to perform all my actions in such a way that others would feel enlightened and empowered/elevated), and just like sun does not receive anything from us I won’t be bothered about what I receive (such as honor/dishonor) from others, and will have no expectations from others!” Such an attitude brings freedom and happiness! Working for the welfare of others with no thought of reciprocation would also bring gratitude and reciprocation from others. Even if that doesn’t happen in some cases, still it is beneficial because our very make-up is such that doing something nice for another person produces a pleasant feeling that behavioral economists call a warm glow and strengthens your immunity. University of Zurich researchers investigated how areas in the brain communicated to produce this feeling. (http://www.media.uzh.ch/en/Press-Releases/2017/Generosity.html)

Genesis 1:28, 29 recommend care for inferior species also which would make peace the religion of mankind.

Genesis 1:26 implies no nation or individual can rightly be elevated over others.

That means, Genesis chapter one has enough principles that can make everything “very good.” (Gen 1:31) Yet, these are either neutralized or contradicted in the rest of the Bible. Thus Bible has become like Babel as it “has some good morals; and also has some clever fables, some blood-drenched history, a wealth of obscenity and upwards of a thousand lies.” (Mark Twain)

• sir82
    sir82

That's pretty cool.

I'll bet you could work out some pretty good "life principles" from chapter 1 of "War and Peace" or "Moby Dick" or "David Copperfield" as well - why don't you try those next?

• venus
    venus

sir82,

You need to forget 99.99999..% of the Bible to discern these principles from Gen chapter 1

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Ud7-EkZEI

In case the link doesn't work exactly right, start at ~1:07

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

When I read Gen.1 3 thru 19: check this out: Then God commanded, “Let there be light”—and light appeared. 4 God was pleased with what he saw. Then he separated the light from the darkness, 5 and he named the light “Day” and the darkness “Night.” Evening passed and morning came—that was the first day...

Now check this out...Then God commanded, “Let lights appear in the sky to separate day from night and to show the time when days, years, and religious festivals[c] begin; 15 they will shine in the sky to give light to the earth”—and it was done. 16 So God made the two larger lights, the sun to rule over the day and the moon to rule over the night; he also made the stars. 17 He placed the lights in the sky to shine on the earth, 18 to rule over the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God was pleased with what he saw. 19 Evening passed and morning came—that was the fourth day.

So, there was day and night before there was the sun and the moon....so God is light all by himself...he made the sun and moon for us...

Maybe God created everything and we are here to discover what he created...it's mind boggling...I think it's difficult to believe in God because when we ask for something, we want it right away...we don't want no pain, we don't want to wait for anything, we want life our way, yet, we get angry with our children when they act that way....but we say there ain't no God, so when children don't get their way, what's that...There ain't no such thing as parents...

The bible has a lot stories....basically it's to show get along with one another and not to judge....all that other stuff is just stories...

Tor

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

11.Let the earth cause grass to sprout, seed-bearing plants and fruit trees according to their kinds, yielding fruit along with seed on the earth.” And it was so. 12 And the earth began to produce grass, seed-bearing plants and trees yielding fruit along with seed, according to their kinds.

All the above vegetation were created before the sun and the moon. How to take this as "Meaningful" ?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

All the above vegetation were created before the sun and the moon. How to take this as "Meaningful" ?

It's magic. God can do anything.

• waton
    waton

Meaningful and joyful? great feelings, like generated by majestic classical music? yes, . but the message is wrong, like the Nazi , other anthems.

The only redeeming features, that the words ".... god said... " implies resonances, and several laws, theories have frequency components. Bible writers had no idea about that though, not even "jesus" who was supposed to have done it all.

is it all about feeling good, even using error and lies?

• venus
    venus

Everapostate, desirousofchange,

Your doubt is about ‘how can vegetation precede sun?’ That’s when you go for literal reading. But I started benefiting when I stopped literal readying, and started looking for implied truth behind literary allusions.

• waton
    waton
    implied truth behind literary allusions.

The planet Venus spins, but in the wrong direction. if its an allusion its an illusion. The yarn you are spinning might fit Venus, venus.

but to each his own. a good thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit