Personal opinions spouted from the platform?

by purrpurr 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

One elder condemned all sisters who wore boots (even in winter), because "prostitutes wear such boots!"

Or another classic was when Viv Mouritz, the Branch Coordinator in Australia said publicly "the king of the north is Russia! Trust me I've been there, and I've seen It!"

• paradiseseeker
    paradiseseeker

If you really believe in God, you don't sin. Because if you acknowledge that God is seeing you, then you won't do anything bad.

This was said by an elder who is a compulsive liar and a born manipulator.

STUCKINARUT2

The King of the North is Jon Snow. End of discussion.

• Incognito
    Incognito
    But the old expression is so true, especially about JW elders or even WT leaders themselves that " opinions are like assholes - everybody has one . " - Flipper

And many opinions, just like assholes, usually STINK.

• Ding
    Ding

These types of statements probably explain why from time to time the GB clamps down and tells speakers to stick to the script.

Once JWs start evaluating what's said from the platform and deciding for themselves whether they believe it, the organization is in trouble.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Bizarrely a recent CO had something against local JWs meeting up in the supermarket for a snack after the Sunday meeting, I don't know what exactly, but he was quite agitated and sarcastic about it.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I heard from the platform that we should not be texting. Instead of texting, we should be picking up the phone and talking to the person! Seriously? The whole point of texting is because it's a convenient way to send a short message when you are busy or can't make a phone call.

The elder was old and fighting a losing battle. They meddle in everything.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Oh I vaguely remember a meeting part where an elder strongly discouraged using tablets at the meeting because some people can't afford to buy them and it was showing off. I can't remember exactly when that was, but obviously in the period in between tablets becoming popular and Watchtower sanctioning/promoting their use at the meetings. Maybe around 2010 or so? I wish I had a recodring of that for posterity.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Here is a few from my father many years ago. Use your money wisely, can you believe I paid only 50 cents for this suit I am wearing? Everyone agreed. Just go out to garage sales and find them.

Then few years later he brought out in his day a child born to a unmarried women was called a bastard, yes that what we called them bastard. That is what they are, bastards. Then he went on to say bastard this and bastard that. There was several sisters with young children hearing this and they all had a fit over my dad saying bastard on stage. This was all related to me by a friend of mine. He told me he was laughing so hard he almost pee his pants. Still Totally ADD

• cha ching
    cha ching

So sad, Totally ADD... a very cruel world this WT has painted.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

No jeans, no sweet from Jamin corporation because there would be blood in it, no food with E numbers, Recent Earthquake because of behavior people etcetera etcetera.

The reason I can't visit the KH anymore are the opinions and remarks of nonsense.

Jehovahs people are the happyest people... ar the most healty... listen to Jehovah and it will be all right ..

Are they? Where is the proof? Give me evidence. That's what I think when listening. They have only childish arguments.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit