The "WE'RE ALL IMPERFECT" Theory.

by pistolpete 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    People engage in self destruction because of an emotional hunger, an emptiness that can't be filled no matter their view, or how hard they try to fix it.

That was my point. You put it much better than I did, Sea Breeze.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The 'we're all imperfect' excuse puts all ex-JWs in a bad light.

Most ex-JWs don't cheat on their partner with prostitutes.

^^^ It really is that simple.

Lloyd Evans is a dick, that's all there is to it.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I could never use this excuse, neither should the Governing Butt Heads.

• Simon
    Simon

"We're just imperfect men" is the governing body's get-out. It's a shame to validate their excuses isn't it?

"I can't control my pee-pee" is the same justification that rapists and pedos use. I don't think it's valid.

At what point does "oh, I'm imperfect" stop being a get-out-of-jail free card for any and all failures? Someplace before Himler and Hitler, right? We can agree on that? What about Jimmie Saville? So imperfect ... and I can hear the "but ... but ... but ..." objections, so keep dialing it back.

Where is your line? Do you even have one? At what point do you stop making and accepting excuses for people? If you're moving the line to make allowances for someone, you don't really have a line at all. At some point, people behave like shits not because they failed, but because THAT IS WHO THEY ARE, THAT IS THEM LIVING HOW THEY WANT TO LIVE.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    never mind imperfection, even perfect people make huge mistakes.thing of jesus, he could have debunked the flat earth "theory", the Water above Everest myth, virus microbe cause of illness, mental illness vs "demon possestion" but failed to enlighten us, letting us wait for millennia of imperfect scientist to clear the air.

You wrote my mind . By the way, Jesus didnt make a mistake. The guys who fabricated the Jesus Gospels were so ignorant.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    "I can't control my pee-pee" is the same justification that rapists and pedos use. I don't think it's valid.

Even worse, he is saying "I can't control myself... and neither can any of you!" As if to imply that his behavior is defensible, if not normal or expected.

And to that, I say "nope! Lots of men demonstrate sufficient control of their members so as to avoid disgracing themselves and their families. Your lack of control is not the rule, it's the exception."

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

I always felt like the we're all imperfect "excuse" had a lot in common with the "let he without sin cast the first stone" concept. Just a way to get others to back off of a very probable and/or legit accusation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit