My First Yoga Lesson!!!

by Confucious 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Confucious
    Confucious

Hey Guys,

My girlfriend dragged me into her Yoga class. LOVED IT.

I think the WT said that Yoga was bad.

At first I was weary, because I always viewd Yoga with being a sin.

But then I realized...

STRETCHING AND EXCERCISE is NOT A SIN.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

It is wonderful and makes you feel so much better

• Special K
    Special K

Confucious

I've been thinking of trying yoga.

I just don't know .. (I mean I know I can't do that pretzel stuff.. so I hesitate)

As you do more let us know

Shiela m.... you sound like your experienced..Do you really find it good..

I'm scared I'd break my neck

Special K

• Hamas
    Hamas

But Yoga IS a sin !!!!!!!

http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/2002/8/1a/article_01.htm

.... Confucious, he say:

Go for it !

Good luck, amigo

• MrsQ
    MrsQ

I love yoga. I've been doing it for years. Even when I was a JW. Its one of the most effective, and yet gentle to the body form of exercise you can do.

Congrats on starting! Its cool that you went with your girlfriend. Not a lot of guys are into it...men are generally not as flexible as women--so they get frusterated when they start. My husband has done yoga with me ONCE. He quit after that.

Have fun!

Q.

• unique1
    unique1

I love Yoga too. It leaves you feeling energised after a hard day at work. The WTS does consider it a sin, which is why I tell my mom it is a 60 minute stretching class, instead of saying Yoga, the evil word. Yoga is addicitive though, I really hate it when I miss a class.

Special K: You don't do the pretzel stuff until you get into advanced classes. You should try a beginners course. I am the clutziest person I know and I have no balance, but I can do it. I think you would love it!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Demons I say!!! Demons!!!

http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/2002/8/1a/article_01.htm
    The image of a yogi sleeping on a bed of nails or walking on hot coals may appear to be a hoax to some and a joke to others. But these are common occurrences in India, as is the practice of standing on one leg while staring directly at the sun for hours and breath control that allows a person to be buried in sand for long periods of time. In June 1995, The Times of India reported that a three-and-a-half-year-old girl lay in a trance as a car weighing more than 1,600 pounds [750 kg] was allowed to run over her abdomen. To the amazement of the crowd, when she awoke she was totally unharmed. The report added: "It was sheer yogic power."

Without a doubt, no normal hum an is capable of performing any of these tasks...they are works of the demons and of the fallen flesh

• sxybrwneyes
    sxybrwneyes

I love Yoga. I have never actually been to a yoga class but I have a couple of yoga videos that I do at home. It makes you feel sooooo good.

• Bonnie
    Bonnie

Yoga is fantastic for the mind and the body.I am a massage therapist..and yoga helps straighten and lengthen the spine. It improves posture and calms the mind.Because meditation and the origins of yoga come from india and have religious conatations, I believe that is one of the reasons yoga is frowned apon within the org.....Its best to start in a beginners class, where u will be taught how to breathe properly.....through your abdomen....deep breathing, which helps you to be calm....there are more advanced classes, but they are for the more adventurous.There are tons of tapes out now..which u can buy in woolworths, local supermarkets, (Asda, Tescos, safeways), and music stores etc..I highly recommend them.

• Special K
    Special K

Well you guys maybe I'll go buy a beginner video..

and see what happens..

Bonnie... How do you breathe through your abdomen.. I've been breathing through my nose and mouth for years.. (hehe .. just kidding)

I wonder if classes are expensive..

And isn't there many different kinds of yoga..How would one know which one was for them... or are they all the same?

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit