Does the Earth (as a planet) deserve to be colonised by humans?

by fulltimestudent 12 Replies latest jw friends

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Do humans have the right to live on this planet?

We have, in much less than a century, managed to fill the earth with so much plastic waste that tiny fragments of plastic have been found on the highest mountains and the deepest ocean depths. Not satisfied with doing that, we stupidly continue to do it. That's not the only stupid thing that humans have done, however. I wont try to enumerate the silly/stupid things we do, but focus on this one: This headline describes what may possibly solve the human problem for the earth.

TOXIC CHEMICALS THREATEN HUMANITY’S ABILITY TO REPRODUCE

In a new book, epidemiologist Shanna Swan looks at the impact of environmental chemicals on human sexuality and reproductive systems.

-------------------------------------------------------------

That's a headline in The Intercept (requoted in the UK Guardian.

Quote: "SHANNA SWAN IS the senior author of a 2017 study that documented a dramatic drop in sperm counts in Western countries over the past half-century. That meta-analysis of 185 studies involving 42,935 men found that total sperm count fell 59 percent between 1973 and 2011. Swan, a reproductive epidemiologist, pointed to the role of environmental chemicals in that trend. Now she has written “Count Down: How Our Modern World Is Threatening Sperm Counts, Altering Male and Female Reproductive Development, and Imperiling the Future of the Human Race,” a book that ties industrial chemicals in everyday products to a wide range of changes taking place in recent years, including increasing numbers of babies born with smaller penises; higher rates of erectile dysfunction; declining fertility; eroding sex differences in some animal species; and potentially even behaviors that are thought of as gender-typical."

The link to full articleis: https://theintercept.com/2021/01/24/toxic-chemicals-human-sexuality-shanna-swan/?fbclid=IwAR0y4mp4B54pe0cMuejoEeewqr2oAVvDV1odaRShry65naNdlrowxS1zUM8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The UK Guardian's re-write of the article cites some details; (Link:https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/18/toxic-chemicals-health-humanity-erin-brokovich?fbclid=IwAR0NFDk1TVZDqjmJY3ecBLK7hSQFh2L-y8owNsQ0VpNym3TFkdBMzsNSs08 )

Quote: "Following the trajectory we are on, Swan’s research suggests sperm counts could reach zero by 2045. Zero. Let that sink in. That would mean no babies. No reproduction. No more humans. Forgive me for asking: why isn’t the UN calling an emergency meeting on this right now?

The chemicals to blame for this crisis are found in everything from plastic containers and food wrapping, to waterproof clothes and fragrances in cleaning products, to soaps and shampoos, to electronics and carpeting. Some of them, called PFAS, are known as “forever chemicals”, because they don’t breakdown in the environment or the human body. They just accumulate and accumulate – doing more and more damage, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day. Now, it seems, humanity is reaching a breaking point.

Swan’s book is staggering in its findings. “In some parts of the world, the average twentysomething woman today is less fertile than her grandmother was at 35,” Swan writes. In addition to that, Swan finds that, on average, a man today will have half of the sperm his grandfather had. “The current state of reproductive affairs can’t continue much longer without threatening human survival,” writes Swan, adding: “It’s a global existential crisis.” That’s not hyperbole. That’s just science.

As if this wasn’t terrifying enough, Swan’s research finds that these chemicals aren’t just dramatically reducing semen quality, they are also shrinking penis size and volume of the testes. This is nothing short of a full-scale emergency for humanity.

Swan’s book echoes previous research, which has found that PFAS harms sperm production, disrupts the male hormone and is correlated to a “reduction of semen quality, testicular volume and penile length”. These chemicals are literally confusing our bodies, making them send mix messages and go haywire."

• waton
    waton

Another question is: do humans deserve to have a planet like "our's" as a gift?

we actually live comfortably only in a 10 km thick layer wrapping around this globe. being slowly "ver-giftet" by us.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Does the Earth (as a planet) deserve to be colonised by humans?

I don't see why not. It is a much easier place to colonize than the moon or mars. The entire human population on the earth right now would fit within the city limits of Jacksonville, Fl. So, there seems to be plenty of room for expansion.

Globalists want to "maintain" earth population at 500,000 people. That means they are for the extermination of 95% of the earths population. Someone went to a lot of trouble to make sure that the globalist manifesto would be known by everyone by writing it in stone on this monument.

I have noted that globalists have no plans to reduce the earth's population by starting with his/her self though.

• ReadOnly
    ReadOnly

Do locusts have the right to swarm and eat and destroy any vegetation on their path?

Do plants and animals deserve to suffer and die from bacteria, viruses and parasites?

Do parasites have the right to do what they do at the expense of their victims?

I think such questions are moot.

That one species can somewhat contemplate their own behavior and its effects doesn't change much.

After all even humans are simply another animal species, both limited and driven by our own biology.

• Justmemorph
    Justmemorph

Well, some of us belong on the planet, others not so much

https://ge.usembassy.gov/chinas-air-pollution-harms-its-citizens-and-the-world/

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

It’s difficult to apply the word “deserve” to a planet since being deserving involves actions that earn deservedness.

Perhaps the question should be “ do humans deserve to colonize the earth”. To which I’d say, some do and some don’t but either way we were given no choice in the matter. We all showed up here one by one and through no fault of our own, are victims of whatever circumstances came before us.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    Pete Zahut

To which I’d say, some do and some don’t but either way we were given no choice in the matter. We all showed up here one by one and through no fault of our own, are victims of whatever circumstances came before us.

I couldn't have said it better Pete Zahut!

All I can say is I wish I was God-------because if I was, I would start making changes RIGHT NOW!

And I wouldn't go through all the bullshit of inspiring men to write a book with puzzles, dragons, magical fruit, and the generation that would not pass away until you saw all these things.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is the few (and I think it's "god's chosen") trying to rid the earth of us, so their masters the reptilians can move in and claim this planet. And of course it is going to be us (especially the white race, but all races will be blamed) that get the blame for it. All the while, any attempts on our part to throttle it will be blocked by the same god that wants to dispossess us from our planet.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

In short - yes.

The problem comes from the Judeo-Christian/Western belief system that humans are separate from the universe. That humans are born into this world. That the universe is here for our benefit. That the universe is a resource for us to use and throw away on out journey to heaven. That the universe and nature are here for us to concur.

• titch
    titch

Ummm, Sea Breeze: That number is 500,000,000 (Five-Hundred Million) not 500,000 (Five-Hundred Thousand) Just thought I'd mention it. Best Regards

Titch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit