The Execution of Ed Dunlap

by Vanderhoven7 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton
    People after my own heart, then.

RK: not just your's; one could imagine that the double portion in Rev 7 is a message to those that handed out the empty promises since 1919.

• Roger Kirkpatrick
    Roger Kirkpatrick

waton, do you remember Watchtower likening the anointed ones in the early 20th century and the message they preached to the stings of scorpions, and the depictions of horses having tails like scorpions? I vividly recall being told that just before the great tribulation, JWs would preach a judgment message which would have a similar effect. Well, what do we see now? JWs are sending the most pathetic hand-printed letters to their neighbors, including what amounts to Watchtower "junk mail." So, I composed a letter as if written by a sincere JW who takes to heart what the GB says is soon going to occur, and who is disgusted by the milquetoast message JWs preach today, and decides to "let it all hang out" regarding what JWs actually believe and practice. When JWs read the letter which I wrote and which has gone viral, the effect on THEM is like the stings of a scorpion, the reason being that the letter exposes the idiocy of Watchtower teachings which JWs have embraced and express among themselves at the KH, but don't have the courage to express to outsiders. A friend of mine posted a recording of her reading just a portion of my letter to an elder on the telephone, and you should hear the way he reacts to it. You can read the letter for yourself at www.jwletter.com. I have mailed copies of the letter to hundreds of church pastors throughout Texas, using the return address of the local KH in various communities. The letter includes the telephone numbers of WT offices in Warwick, Wallkill, and Patterson. One WT elder I spoke to confirmed that WT has received many calls in response to the letter, and he admitted to me that the letter accurately depicts JW beliefs and practices.

• waton
    waton

RK: yes I agree, that is THE method to get at the core of the wt syndrome.

It takes the bible ideas seriously, , and wt beliefs, but at the same time debunks it all.

I suggested to you you to include the "millions now living will never die" detail, in just one sentence, in the reason that watchtower can give for the king of 1914 to have chosen them, over the vast choice available to be the F&DS. tongue in cheek of course.

Today's wt pablum message contradicts their dictum " soon, last days" that is used internally,

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

Ed was one of my Primary School teachers when I was at Bethel. A great man with integrity who could have choose to look the other way but choose to call bull shit on the great 1914 debacle along with Ray. Yes they gave up the "golden Parachute" and notoriety of being a Bethel "Heavy" to do the right thing. They knew that their lives would never be the same.

• careful
    careful

I never knew Ed Dunlap but sure enjoyed the James commentary.

RK, wow, that's quite a project making up that letter and sending it off to the places you have. It's taken me a long time to stop laughing! It shows how vulnerable the org is to a thinking person since those in the org trust rather than think. No wonder it's had results.

• James Jack
    James Jack

Ed Dunlap was truly a good man!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I listened to the tape in it`s entirety and could "see" what a good humble genuine man Ed must have been .

I knew a few in the congregations I attended over the years.

If i could offer any criticism of his tape it would be his negligence of pointing out the role Jesus Christ played in the Christian Greek Scriptures and the omission of Jehovah God`s role in the New Testament.

I understood and respect his belief in the Bible ,but I think it still shone through how WT indoctrinated he still was about the importance of Jehovah`s name in the Christian era. Phil.2:9-11

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit