Breaking: Beards in The Watchtower

by neat blue dog 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

I just added an edit re Blondies work many years ago.

jtg

• James Jack
    James Jack

Sigfrid Mallozzi

You made my day! Beautiful Pictures.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Vidiot: Ten bucks says this is just another tug on the leash.

Agreed!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Another, probably more controversial, shift in Watchtower unwritten rules, displayed in their illustrations over the decades has been the issue of mixed race marriages. At one time Watchtower warned that mixed race marriages are inadvisable because different cultures (I am sure it was framed in terms of culture rather than biological notions of race) can cause difficulties for harmony within marriage.

It would be interesting to do the research to confirm this, but I think it is the case that mixed race JW couples were never, or almost never, depicted in the literature until relatively recently; within the last couple of decades or so. Certainly very late in comparison with liberal attitudes toward mixed race marriages.

It’s also a case that highlights the American focus of the religion to some extent, because I suspect the issue of mixed race marriages has been viewed as more problematic in the United States, because of the particular history of race relations, than some other western countries.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Doubtlessly they have more success in the third world and with that follows some accommodation

• hoser
    hoser

The bearded man is pictured in the latest PUBLIC edition of the watchtower. It means that it is ok for bearded men to study with Jehovah’s witnesses. Once they are baptized the rules change.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

That bearded man and wife are the ones in paradise too. Note the children have grown a bit. We will wait to see if he ever gives a platform part.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

And the woman wears a head covering. In paradise.

Not that it means that much. They used to have a lion in paradise with a beach ball on its paws. Where was it going to get the beach ball from?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

and apparently beards are approved in heaven as well even by Jesus himself .

I wonder if the JWS religious heads (GB) will insert a rule of conduct that forbids the cutting off of beards like the Amish or Orthodox Jews ummmm ???

https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/m/1102003056/univ/art/1102003056_univ_cnt_4_xl.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit