Breaking: Beards in The Watchtower

by neat blue dog 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

The latest issue of The Watchtower shows a man with a beard praying.

I fully expected to see him 'progress' to clean-shaven in the following pictures, but instead he is still bearded when 'applying Bible principles'.

I then realized that he was already featured on the cover itself.

Another man with a scruffy beard is shown in another illustration, and not in a negative light.

And then there's the big ones. I believe the following paintings are the first time in Watchtower history that a bearded person who is NOT a Bible character is shown in paradise.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Oh well

Clean skin rutherford will turn in his grave,,,,,or will he simply be pacing the halls of the heavenly temple?

jtg

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Hmmm

• Biahi
    Biahi

Maybe they have “new light “ on beards.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Possibly looks like he’s from the Middle East. Or with Middle East background. Do you think?

I think I remember there was a comment about black men getting a Watchtower exemption for growing beards for skin/medical reasons. Might ethnicity be relevant here?

Would be clearer if they depicted an exemplary Caucasian—looking brother with a beard.

In any case it will get JWs talking, because they take tiny hints in WT magazines as indications of what’s allowed or not allowed. I can just imagine an elder hassling a brother about his beard, and the brother pulling this WT out and showing him as evidence it’s okay. Crazy in any other setting to live your life by pictures in a magazine, but totally natural way of looking at things in Watchtower world.

JWs need to be Kremlinologist style analysts just to follow it all.

Interesting development.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Excuse Me! But, that is NOT a beard. These are examples of Beards and Men, not peach fuz.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Just makes me want to sit in on one of those zoom meetings unshaven with my Led Zeppelin shirt on and a nice cold Corona in my hand. We all know this is to get more asses to get to their meets. More numbers more dollars for the WT.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I know a couple elders whose heads will explode. These beards are just starting past the homeless look. The one thing i don't like is the dyed beards.

• KSFernando
    KSFernando

Which month watchtower is this?

• minimus
    minimus

He obviously is praying for forgiveness because he has a beard.😈

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit