Hi im df Nick in Arizona

by Nick-Arizona 13 Replies latest social relationships

• Nick-Arizona
    Nick-Arizona

I'm from California. I'm in Arizona. I was df twice. Given up on JW. Let's talk.

• Marbles
    Marbles

Hi. I'm Marbles from Northern California. I was never a JW only a Bible Student. I'm very glad I never got truly immersed in that group because now I can see how harmful they are! The shunning must be so painful for people who were born in, then get kicked out, and face a world they don't know all alone! But as for me, I could never follow all those rules. It would make me feel like I was sacrificing fundamental liberty (for whatever it's worth, I'm a Libra???).

The JDubs are guilty of many things, but one that comes to mind that seems significant for you, who are now on your way to becoming a secular person, our Constitution guarantees people the right to freedom of religion and Jehovah's Witnesses do not. So as a secular person, they are violating our Constitution and they should have their tax exempt status removed.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Hi I'm from Melbourne Australia was a pioneer but have just faded away. Nice to have Sundays free for football and picnics! 😀

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

And, in Melbourne Australia also watching the Supercars instead of listening to regurgitated crap and knocking on doors fruitlessly.

jtg

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Hi Nick. Good for you.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Hi I'm __________ from __________. Sorry I'm a pimo so that's all I got.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Don’t let it happen a 3rd time my friend. Btw I’m a successful fader and never been happier.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Welcome to this forum! I’m a near 40 year fader, now in Illinois. Moving to AZ in a couple years. Scottsdale or Fountain Hills area. I love AZ!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Hi NICK in ARIZONA:

Welcome to the forum!

I am a twenty-one year ‘Fader’ from the Witness religion. I was raised Catholic with a decent childhood who didn’t miss out on things a JW would…So, I probably had an easier transition back into the Real world after getting myself out of this rabbit hole/trap I mistakenly stepped into!

MARBLES:

That is a good assessment of the whole thing. Count yourself lucky you never got involved with the JWs as you were spared very much mental anguish among other things! 👍🏻

• Marbles
    Marbles

I can assure you, from the outside looking in, at least for me, it looks like quite a horror show. Among many things, as far as I am concerned, they have no business setting up their own bogus "Sanhedrin" (which I assume, is the "Judicial Committee"). They aren't even Jewish. From what little I have seen and heard about these disfellowshipping committees, so much of what they do would actually be illegal in a secular court.

Salvation is a false concept. I rescue cats. Only some of them can and will be saved, though I wish they could all have good homes and not become prey to other predators. It's no different for people, and I don't know why people have such grandiose ideas that an entire "Bible & Tract Society" will be saved. If a tornado or a tsunami ripped through any town populated by JDubs, some of them would be saved, some of them would be lost.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit