Another day, another cart

by Anony Mous 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I don't know if you can see them. I was standing at a red light and I noticed the little cart standing there. They're barely noticeable and when I continued there was apparently someone on the other side of the street too. The only problem, the location is a VERY busy intersection which has virtually NO foot traffic and they're hard to see to begin with, as you can see from my vantage point I couldn't even read the cart and three people next to them on this side and two of them on the other side.

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

I noticed an abandoned cart, looked around, and finally saw the 2 JW tenders on the bench. I believe this was about 8:30 AM. It's a good thing that I'm still not in. The boredom would have driven me to take my own life, right on the corner like the monk that set himself a blaze to protest the Vietnam War.

• Nimble duck
    Nimble duck

What would happen if you stopped, threw the cart in your trunk and drove away?

Would the little old lady chase you down? Her granny stockings sliding down as she ran... pee herself maybe...

Say she takes down the plate number. So what. Even if the cops came, you simply ask ...wasn't the damned thing free? If it ain't free, what is it there fore anyhow?

Finders keepers anyway.

Or, if you are walking by, you grab an arm load of watchtower bologna. Just keep walkin'. Toss it in the trash around the block and go for another pass. So what. What are they going to say or do?

Or dump a load of sticky rancid juice all over it. LOL

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I don't like it, but they have the right to be there. If I see their rags in a waiting room, I take them. What I do with them doesn't matter. Recycling is good for the planet AND the mind.

When I was still in, I always suspected the rags we "placed" in the laundronats were tossed. But the pretense of productivity was there.

The cart "witnessing" is just a variation of the old production scam. WT is running out of ideas. The carts are just sandwich boards on wheels with shelves. LOL.

Snakes

• Awakenednow
    Awakenednow

Can't wait to see the number of hours in the preaching work next year 🙄 Shouldn't there be a separate catagory for construction work and bench warming?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

WHAT A JOKE!

How can any of them think its a good or effective idea?

I recently saw a cart on the boardwalk by the beach in 90 plus weather.

They looked like they had heatstroke.
    Who in the world would approach them at the beach?

They looked insane!

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I saw two carts along side a road that get practically no foot traffic. This is a driving suburb, they were outside a pharmacy, but facing away from it on a side walk that ends in the tress just few hundred feet away. The only chance they would have is people who drive into the pharmacy then walk back to the sidewalk.

This is just proof that it is busy work.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The cart I walked past just this week was right in front of and I mean right in front of an ATM (automatic teller machine) the scruffy weirdos manning the thing dressed in thrift shop wear circa 1885.

Not a good look WT.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I've yet to see a cart in the US but I recently got back from a two-week vacation in Europe and there were carts in front of roughly half the landmarks I visited. It was odd. The JWs were mostly standing there looking indifferent as the tourists walked around them.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It has nothing to do with spreading the message.

It is all about keeping witnesses busy and "counting time".

(On the point of keeping witnesses busy, it is just like the "game" we play with kids to try and keep them happy and quiet on a car trip. "Lets see who can stay quiet the longest, and they will be the winner of a prize!". Some kids fall for that...)

Oh, also it creates a status amongst witnesses as to who "qualifies" to do the cart work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit