Went to a Different Kind of Convention This Year

by Saethydd 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

My old congregation's Regional Convention was the week before last, and for the first time in 20 years, I wasn't there. Instead on the very same weekend, I went to a geeky fan convention called Magic City Con. I had loads of fun there, I cosplayed as a Jedi and the Doctor (which is my current profile pic). It was incredibly enjoyable to finally be able to meet new people that I like and share common interests with and not feel that having a real friendship with them in the future is an impossibility.

Another side note, this "worldly" convention was just as clean and orderly as any JW event I ever went to, and much less boring. I didn't have to pinch myself to stay awake once.

Just wanted to share that update with you all and let you know how I'm doing.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

and to that I say, Allons-y! (Don't you love David Tenant?)

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

I loved Tennant, I actually intended to cosplay as him, but I didn't have everything I needed for him or for Matt Smith, so I just went as 10 1/2. Which, by the way, was a big hit at an All Fandom Dating Game I played.

• steve2
    steve2

Keep your hands off David Tennant - he's mine.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

My hat goes off to you because, to be honest, that sounds like a lot of fun. I'm just imagining myself being there. Not having to watch what I say. If I like something that's Star Wars like, I don't have to explain myself, I can just be myself. I envy you. Good job.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Sounds like a lot more fun than the JW conventions for sure.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    That's awesome; I'm so happy for you!
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door

Star Wars and ComiCon. Only conventions I attend religiously wherever they are held. Best times and people I have ever encountered in my life.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

great news, how great attending a convention because you genuinely want to be there rather than going somewhere that is just a waste of time and your energy, like every single WT convention that has ever been held

• smiddy
    smiddy

Sounds like a lot of fun good for you. Saethyyd any pics ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit