My 89 year old father will be standing by a cart tomorrow.

by longgone 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• longgone
    longgone

Yes, that's what he just told me. Unbelievable. This cult had no shame.

😞😞😞

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I notice they're ALWAYS sitting, they bring their own chairs, so he won't have to stand.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Maybe she can accompany your father and hand out literature.

• steve2
    steve2

Well, he's certainly advertising what he intends to do which is kind of JW-ish

isn't it? I mean, how did the topic come up? Did you ask him out for a coffee tomorrow and he declined, saying he was going to do trolley work?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Yes this cult sees every member as a source of revenues even robbing the very poor widow of a donation for Jehovah bull cocky, advertised on the internet on their own website for the world to see.

I feel sorry for your dad but at his late age maybe it is just as well his bubble not burst so I hope he has some joy in it.

• longgone
    longgone

I talk with him by phone, he lives a thousand of miles away with my JW sister. (They don't know I have faded.)

I just asked what he's doing tomorrow and that's what he said, then I asked how he feels about it. He says he doesn't mind he doesn't have to go up to people, just talks with them if they come over and want to.

I'm glad he's ok with it, he thinks he's doing something good and important. Life saving work, you know. 😑

He has no idea what's really going on with the organization. I feel bad about that of course. I don't like that they have convinced him that sitting out in the hot sun for no reason is time well spent when he could be out fishing or something fun which I'm sure he would prefer. I just needed to vent a little. Thanks for listening.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

My Mom's of a similar age,

They've had a long time to decide what they want to do with

themselves at this point of course,

So if they're happy they're happy,

What I object to are little kids being forced,

And being "indoctrinated" by which I do mean brainwashed,

When it takes so long to undo the damage,

As I know firsthand!

:0)

• smiddy
    smiddy

longgone while I feel your frustration given his age ,I dont think anything would be accomplished by bursting his bubble.

Not that i think you would try to do this

However I know it sucks to think he is doing it believing he is serving the Lord.

Take care , my thoughts are with you.

• alanv
    alanv

Its a great way to get your time in if older or disabled. You just sit on a chair or bench and enjoy chatting to partner for a couple of hours. (if your lucky in the sunshine)

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

To be honest for the health and safety of a 89 year old. I think it's fantastic. His chances of slipping and tripping on stairs are a lot less. It's easy he just sits there with a coffe chatting to his partner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit