Any signs that Kingdom Halls will re-open soon or door to door work will re-start again?

by eyeslice 22 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I've not heard anything from PIMI wife about going back to the KHs yet let alone the door to door work.

Many churches round here have re-opened if only for private pray and I am guessing that things like singing may be a factor in the reluctance of the Witnesses to get back together again. I also detect that many older ones are still quite afraid to go anywhere they may come in contact with people, even for shopping. On the other hand, here in UK you can now go to a football match with 70,000 others shouting and chanting.

The door to door work may a total different issue. JWs at the door weren't really welcomed with open arms pre-pandemic and now any callers are viewed with a certain amount of caution. Perhaps the publishers would be told to wear a face mask and mumble some sort of short presentation and leave a tract.

Re-starting is going to be a difficult process.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Good question. The halls in my area (Northeast Ohio) still haven't opened.

• jhine
    jhine

My CofE church has been open for services for a while now. We are encouraged to wear masks ( can't be made to ) and sing quietly behind our masks or hum along .

We also had our first fundraising/ social event on Sat with an Autumn Fayre. Again people were encouraged to mask up inside but because the weather was good , for the UK , a lot was out side.

Jan

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Most churches have reopened a while ago. No sign of KHs reopening. They have been closed the whole time in New Zealand and Australia, even when the virus was well under control. It could be into next year before KHs reopen—much later than everyone else. Watchtower won’t be in any rush to go back to KHs because online attendances have been good. Other churches that have gone back to physical meetings have lower attendances than before the pandemic. Many are doing hybrid or blended services so those who wish to can attend the church building, and others can attend virtually on Zoom. Watchtower might be resistant to implementing a system that allows its members the choice of attending the KHs or attending at home, just as they are resistant to anything that allows its members a genuine choice. They prefer to just tell members what to do, it’s the theocratic way.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    I also detect that many older ones are still quite afraid to go anywhere they may come in contact with people, even for shopping.

Absolutely true. With almost 1,000 deaths and 240,000 new cases here in the UK in the past week a stuffy KH is the last place I want to go, even with my mask on.

George

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

Some JW's in my area have refused to get the shot. A 50 something year old JW died just a few days ago, she was not vaccinated. Older ones are still very afraid and cautious. Some JW's have expressed that they will not be going back before 2022, even if the halls reopen this year. I have heard elders around here say it won't be before Nov 2021 when the KH's reopen, and this was before the Delta and the Mu strain of the virus. Things may have been pushed back even further. Circuit Assembly is via Zoom in a few weeks.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

JWs seem to have a Zero Covid policy and given that Covid seems to be going endemic, they either adapt and take the risk of opening the halls back up or they'll remain shut down in perpetuity

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Some JW's have expressed that they will not be going back before 2022, - 2525 even if the halls reopen

• jhine
    jhine

Well that is a big difference. All Christians that l know have been jabbed so are less nervous about , sensibly , meeting together .

My particular church has the same attendance

Jan

• Ding
    Ding
    The Kingdom Hall in our area hasn't reopened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit