JW patient with covid-19 received blood transfusion

by adjusted knowledge 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

I knew someone who worked for the um... lets say state department. That person was routinely shepherded for information as per an elder who did it (senile and spilled beans), and also to make sure they weren't shooting anyone or even carrying a gun.

I can't believe RNs aren't constantly talked up by the elders to get info, especially when you think about that old article in the 80s that said spill confidential info which had an abortion illustration, and with this virus anti-body treatment. I showed a paragraph from that article to my doctor when I told him I don't want to be a JW anymore. My doctor assured me he would not put anything in my record (which are now all computerized and hackable in theory, or simply available to a lot of people) about it as he believed a JW seeing some dirt would indeed do what that paragraph told them to do. He has friends whose parents grew up in it.

People are reporting, as seen above, that elders are checking weekly (true in my home) on everyone's health (really looking to see if anyone is in the hospital). Also, they want every elder put on the blood card, and dumb stuff like that. I don't think they'll go soft on this. I think if they find out someone took blood and it was illegal for elders to know, they would hound the person trying to get them to confess. If the person was strong and didn't confess, they would find something else to DF/DA them for, and put a note in their secret file about the transfusion, maybe cryptically. Then they would pass the word among the elders so they knew what they were dealing with for reinstatement.

I mean I'm not saying you can't get away with it, but they are making it hard. I think the trick is not telling anyone you are a JW! I told my doc, because it had interfered with treatments he wanted to do on me.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

If you separate antibodies from plasma is it a conscience matter? The waters are so muddie. A pimi spouse would probably leak the monthly insurance EOB.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

"I don't buy it. Why would a covid19 patient need blood? Unless it was the antibody plasma treatment"

You would need to take the time to read what I wrote to answer that question. His hgb was 6.9. Typically the physicians order 1 unit of PRBC if under 7.0. His blood transfusion wasn't to treat COVID-19 it was to treat his anemia.

What is so hard to comprehend here?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

a. K ,You are right sometimes we are too quick to answer a question before we really take note of what the question really is all about.

I have seen it a few times myself.Hopefully I haven`t been guilty of it.

His blood transfusion wasn't to treat COVID-19 it was to treat his anemia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit