My oldest friend, Quincy Roberts, Ex-JW died last night at age 66

by TerryWalstrom 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Terry you are so lucky to have such great friends. So sorry for your lost. Our wishes is you will always have happy thoughts about your dear friend. Take care. Still Totally ADD

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

It actually didn't hit me until around 4 this afternoon. I just started crying while sitting in Starbucks like some idiot. I couldn't stop. Wow! I didn't like that at all.

I thought I could distance myself emotionally. Thought I could.
    Couldn't.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

T, I understand. Like you, I have begun experiencing the loss of those who were once significant in my life, though I am far too manly to weep in a coffee shop.

WARNING: Your Man Card credentials are now being reviewed!

Each day, THEY tell us, 55,300,000 people finish their turn on this blue stage. That's about 55,300,000 more than the people in our circle. I never think of them, just my friends.

• under the radar
    under the radar

This entire thread is a wonderful tribute to your friend, Terry. So sorry for your loss. I agree with others here who said, "They don't make friends like you anymore."

I too have lost friends and loved ones, and not always through death, though it seems just as painful. Many others have suffered their own personal losses. Someone far wiser than I once said that grief shared was grief divided, but love shared was love multiplied. I believe that is true. Let us share your grief and multiply the love you had for your dear friends. You are not alone.

Take care...

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

We did love each other in the time we spent, the conversations we shared, and the memories we made. I'm a far, far better man than I ever would have been had I missed Q's friendship.

When we were so very small and stood wobbly on untried legs and took those uncertain first steps, I doubt we knew why we bothered or where that unknown journey might lead or end.

And as we, one by one, bend worn knees one last time, take one final sip of life's promises, is any question more precious than why we've bothered?

Hardly any of us knows when our last words are spoken.

If we did know--would we make those words cheap, angry, or cold?
    Every single day--each of us comes closer to speaking an epitaph. I remind myself of that.
    Now, I've reminded you as well.

• myelaine
    myelaine

I'm sorry for your loss, Terry. Quentin was a good person. xo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit