My oldest friend, Quincy Roberts, Ex-JW died last night at age 66

by TerryWalstrom 25 Replies latest jw friends

• zophar
    zophar

Terry:

It is so hard watching friends around you die. We are just at that age when we start saying things we used to hear our parents say. "Oh I can't believe so and so died" every time an entertainer or actor dies.

I see where one of your old neighbors, Malcolm Allen died. Did some Convention work with him in Fort Worth back in the day.

Be glad you and your friend got to live an authentic life with eyes open. Interesting comment that your friendship was during the pre North Korean JW lifestyle. Some friendships do survive in spite of the iron hand. Be glad that you were there for each other as true companions down till the end.

So sorry for your loss.

Zophar

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

RIP Q

• new boy
    new boy

Looks like we both lost a friend this last week. At our age it's all part of the journey of life.

He was a lucky man to have a friend like you!

• LV101
    LV101

So sorry for your loss, Terry, and good he had you as a friend.

It's just sickening the way he was treated -- what a sick cult.

• Listener
    Listener

He sounds like a wonderful, giving person and it's remarkable that you were able to meet up with him again in your life. It's sad that he had such a struggle towards the end of his life and I am sure that he appreciated having such a good friend as you.

May your pain ease in time.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm sorry for your loss. You've posted a nice memorial for Quincy.

I have to comment that I think the only congregation name that could be more oxymoronic than "Polytechnic Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses" would be "The MENSA Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses".

The Witnesses would always offer each other the lie that "there is always the resurrection." We know that is not true, but we understand the analgesic properties of such fables.

"When the rabbit cries, the fox comes running, but not to help."

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, Quincy aka Quentin . . . Thanks, Terry, for the memory jog.

I want to go back and reread his many wonderful posts -- so encouraging.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Terry .....,Quincy -Quentin , 66 years of age ....to me is still far too young , obviously he had a great friend in you .

Take care , cobber.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Moral support like this certainly isn't available in the JW community like it is in the

Ex-JW community! People inside the Org are in such total denial of grief and have such a lame attitude about it, they don't bother honoring the LOSS in death, so fervent is the nay-saying about its finality.

We come and we go like April snow.

Thanks folks, I appreciate your taking a pause to salute my dear friend, Quincy.

• LV101
    LV101

I remember his screen name and some of his posts -- I'm going to reread.

Great line re/April snow and Nathan's quote above. Ahh, reality is brutal. I'm spending way too much time in/out of assisted living and a memory care facility w/family member and friend. Many in assisted living in late 50s and too many residents in their mid 60s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit