Watchtower Lawyers -- How many?

by VM44 11 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

This has been brought up before, but I am going to ask it again....Just how many lawyers does the Watchtower have? How many have they sent to Law school? And, why do they need so many lawyers? Where do they keep all of them?

What about training in ancient Biblical languages? Don't they need more people who can understand the original languages in which the Bible was written?

"No!" is obviously the answer of the Watchtower, "Give us more lawyers!"

This does make one wonder.

In another post, I asked about a list of Watchtower lawyers. Now, I am for preserving privacy of names in the public forum, but if anyone wants to send such a list (if it exists) to me as a PM, I would accept it!

--VM44

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

I have heard, there are 13 JW lawyers in Brooklyn.

• libra_spirit
    libra_spirit

I don't think they want any more biblical scolars cuz every time they get one trained he leaves! But lawyers fit in well, as long as they get paid well. It's like the old joke. "How come if a lawyer falls into shark infested waters he doesn't have to worry?" ...answer "Professional courtesy!" I imagine that lawyers are well respected at Bethel, just as most blibical scolars get DFed.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The last thing the society wants is Biblical scholars. Imagine what would happen if they found out what the Bible actually says.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Heard it said that Legal is bigger than the Bethel CIA oops I mean Service Department now.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863
    oh wow this subject is even more timely than it was 12 years ago. I'm curious do the wt lawyers get payed?
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Last I heard, Legal was in Patterson. I could be wrong though.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Very timely, since they just sent a letter out to all BOE begging for lawyers to visit Bethel and assist on a temporary basis.

OH, but don't anybody thing about getting any higher education. That's not what they're saying.

Doc

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I mentioned this on here before but this was one of the finale straws for me when I started to fade. Growing up we were told not to go and get higher education, so because of a lack of education I was stuck doing a menial crappy job. Then I heard about a friend of the family that was at bethel being put through law school. I recall making a comment to my ex about how the society says one thing but does another thing when it benefits them.

Oh and to add our contribution went toward paying to put this guy through law school.

• smiddy
    smiddy

They have lawyers/Legal Dept. here in Australia , so I would suggest they have Lawyers/legal Dept. in almost every country they operate in .

That adds up to one hell of a lot of Lawyers if true ,maybe even 144000 .

Just saying.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit