If the meetings are so enjoyable and serving the big J is such a privilege...

by HiddenPimo 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

Why is it that ALL of the friends show happiness and excitement when a meeting is cancelled?

No meetings week of Memorial "What a blessing from Jah!"

Bad weather - oh it's so nice to have a night off

EVERYONE is exhausted from the routine of meetings and I have yet to hear someone upset about a cancelled meeting.

Have the memorial and Circuit Assembly in same month! 2 weeks of no meetings - everyone is so ecstati.

PM

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Have the memorial and the circuit assemblies overlapping round the months; Hurray no meetings for life ! thats the world I want to live in!

We can all have our dreams!

On a serious note did Jesus and the apostles ever cancel their meeting in house, sanhedrin, ministry in market places etc? Quite the contrary .

Zing

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It's a cult.
    The Governing Body arranges so much for you- "What a blessing from Jah!"
    The local elders cancel the meeting for a snowy evening-
    "What a blessing from Jah!"
    Lower the recruiting hours requirement so more can pioneer-
    Building new KH's, selling KH's, combining congregations-

Bad news about the Watchtower- "Its persecution from Satan's World."
    I could go on and on with either one. The blessings and the persecution.

Bottom line- It's a cult.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jws hear the same repetitive propaganda in just about every meeting ,

Fear , Obligation and Guilt.

" Well you know brothers and sisters there is little time left in this system of things, so lets get out there and preach with are literature. "

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Why is it that ALL of the friends show happiness and excitement when a meeting is cancelled?

That's because something unexpected brings out their true feelings, like when a snow or rain storm flooding will cancel a meeting

• waton
    waton
    On a serious note did Jesus and the apostles ever cancel their meeting in house, sanhedrin, ministry in market places etc? Quite the contrary .

The band of early followers of Jesus were not even yet Christians, certainly not in a high control cult that scheduled their "free time" the way watchtower does. and

during the trice a year trips to Jerusalem, there was not much going on in the Synagogues either, probably closed. so,

relax and listen to the kids that want you to cancel the weekly "wt worship-night" too.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor
    What isn't a blessing from Jehovah? This elderly sister one time said in a service that if the elders let you clean a toilet you better believe that's a privilege. I almost lost it. So self-alienated.
  • apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Really? Meetings are the best part of being a Jehovah´s Witness.

• millie210
    millie210

Was it Rutherford who said, "keep them busy"?

When I was in, I always found the schedule grueling but felt guilty if I didn't attend everything, read everything, meet every goal and so on because I thought it was what Jehovah wanted.

I felt JUBILANT whenever anything was canceled or compressed (and then I would feel guilty about being happy).

I remember when they canceled the book study, thinking about all the years of effort to BE there for the book study and one casual wave of the hand and it simply didnt matter anymore.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Used to keep on comfortable clothing, go to the store (weather wasn't that bad if you didn't wear a suit), get a bottle of wine, and enjoy the evening. We still hope for it every time it snows or gets bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit