My sources say Jr brown has died

by poopie 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

That reminds me, what's John Larson up to these days? For a while he seemed to be the public face of the WT. I haven't heard a peep from him in a while.

• Londo111
    Londo111

If true, Watchtower will simply find another puppet to speak through. At one time, we ourselves were their spokesman and puppets, playing fast and loose with the truth because we were in a cycle of being deceived and self-deceived.

• sir82
    sir82

Actually it seems like it's been at least 5-6 years since I've heard anything from the WT PR dept.

Are they maybe de-emphasizing it, or even phasing it out?

• millie210
    millie210

Who or which department issued the statement after Prince died?

I think that would be the most recent?

• sparky1
    sparky1

http://youtu.be/SxGvEpkdYUs

The SPIN DOCTOR himself............working his Theocratic Magic.

• Londo111
    Londo111

He was a master of spin...he learned from the best.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

The OPI (Office of Public Infprmation) is used all the time on jw.org articles as quotes from 'representatives' of the organization on the style of a press release.

And, yes, it was David Semonian who was quoted in the Prince press release, made in response to a direct inquiry.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Definitely not a fan....off to his reward.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

I just found out as well.

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

My favorite JR Brown story happened while I was at Bethel in the early 1980's. He was giving a talk that was railing against "Music that debases" and told how "vulgar today's music is" and used a song by Donna Summer as an example. It was a relatively older song by that time called "Love to Love you Baby", but he used it anyway as an example.

He went on to say about it: "With all that oohing and aahing, moaning and groaning, brothers and sisters that song is actually simulated orgasm!"

When the crowd erupted from his statement, he added to a bigger eruption: "Children, if you don't know what that means, ask your parents!"

--

Man - I wish I had remembered that story when I wrote my book on Bethel... I would have put it in there somewhere.

-Brock Talon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit