How Should Anointed Christians View Themselves?

by jwdoctrine 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prologos
    prologos

Muddy Waters: "Hahaha!! I got curious and looked up the Memorial day texts. These texts (reprints from previous wt articles), are designed to confuse (Muddy the Waters) the readers about the distinction between New Covenant and Kingdom Covenant. The only connection of the Kingdom covenant and the Memorial is, that one of the two occasions on which it was brought up by Jesus happened after the supper, on the way to the garden, (the other was months earlier}. All followers of Jesus are supposed to be in the New Covenant, just as all Israelites, not just the kings, or priests were in the "old" covenant.

As if it mattered, with no talking snake. I am tempted to have the emblems passed by, over me from neighbour to neighbour besides me.

• Room 215
    Room 215
    The agenda of these articles seems quite transparent: to stifle the inclination to partake, so as to reverse the embarrassing increases in partakers of recent years.
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

What a WT last Sunday. 19 paragraphs of attempted explanations, warnings navel gazing about the so called anointing by holy spirit.

At the end of it all, some people that claim to be convinced that they have had the call, a larger group not allowed to question them. Another group (of 7) who hold top trumps, can treat all the claimants with contempt but also have no evidence for their claim.

At the end of it all we have nothing, no evidence, no manifestation of anyone's special status. It's all snake oil producing plenty of babble with no substance whatsoever.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Again they take scriptures out of context. Paul was saying eat before the meal and don't get drunk that this meal was for a reason and not just to fill your stomach. Had nothing to do with being unworthy to eat of the bread and wine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit