Going Clear- Scientology- Movie made this year

by truthlover 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthlover
    truthlover

On tonight -- many of the leaders and co horts of David Miscavidge on tonight who have left the organization.. It is scary how close they are to the Jw's with the exception of the volcano episode and that we are "thetans",.... they hold out a carrot for each level of progression on the "ladder" - to immortality, telling all they will live forever in a peaceful, beautiful world- and of course, each step on the ladder means thousands of dollars and volunteers make 30 cents a day working on all their projects. They fought for tax exemption as a religious organization, started by Hubbard, who at level 8- the highest on the ladder - tells his thetans they are out of a spaced out world -- it is terrifying -- and they are supposed to be able to read minds, levitate things, others in the org are scared of them.... but the org are buying properties all over the world as a benefit for their thetahs" to show their good works.to the IRS - Building a massive real estate empire with publishing and volunteer labour.....

Watch it if you can....

Sound familiar -

• talesin
    talesin

They allude to blackmail of John Travolta, which I find *very* interesting and believable. Considering that you must tell them EVERYTHING - and that meter thing? Crazy as loons. It shows great similarities to hmmm....

Yeah, I saw it a while ago,,,,,,,,,,, wow!

Looking forward to reading Lisa Remini's (sp?) book, she is one brave woman. xx

• truthlover
    truthlover

and another thing, they cut you off from friends and family who are "suppressive" -- and if you leave, they leave their family and friends with the org and many do not come out of it...

Then all the wrongs and issues they have revealed through the "clear" (lie dectector) when they join and always thereafter have to be checked to see they are still loyal, is held against them -- piles of paperwork on every person and they are reported to their leaders if it is thought they may be becoming suppressive themselves ( doubting/ apostasizing, etc).... sent to a restorative centre where they work for minimum food, little sleep, -=- all deprived causing them to feel they are not worthy.... low self esteem!!

• truthlover
    truthlover

Yes, TI - apparently Cruise is the main star in attracting celebrities too... Leah tried to get Jennifer Lopez into the mix - watched her as well and all I could think, how familiar, how sick it made me to think all the years wasted

with JW's - now they are out in the open crying for money and still building - there was a new title on here yesterday how they are selling off 3 halls in Mo.USA --a Cong of 44 and the building is bigger than ours and because of the continual calls for more monies, they cant afford to keep the hall and will have to travel 35 miles to the next hall.... the fan is going full tilt even tho it is being covered with sh..

• talesin
    talesin

oh, yes, their form of 'disfellowshipping' and isolation is particularly triggering. ugh

One of the people behind this movie was Paul Haggis. I saw him interviewed years ago, by the Big "O", when he first came out of the cult. He said he was going to get behind a documentary expose of Scientology, so I was watching for it.

Le'ts hope lots of folks see it!

Edit: TL - I think Cruise is either one sick puppy, or they have something on him.

• talesin
    talesin

I saw the pics of Serena, the tennis star, on Xmas - alone. Who knows? She is, as they would say, 'brazen'.... maybe she will write the TATT!

• truthlover
    truthlover

Haggis was the one they opened with and interviews several times -- he is very enlightening and funny -- there were also the ones who gave the dectector tests to clear a person.. so they were high ranking as well and verified how evil Miscavidge is.

Yes I just read about Serena and I can't think she is a JW.. I have watched her career, along with Venus, and for them to play in the Olympics, etc. and have the US flag drapped over their shoulders and the their dad doing the same... they must be quasi JW's - I first saw Venus and her first win when she gave the victory to Jehovah.

Money means everything - maybe they are big donors to the society

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

What station is airing this?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Haven't seen 'Going Clear' yet but it's on my to-do list. I did go to see "Spotlight" and hardily recommend it!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• truthlover
    truthlover

It was on one of the super channels in Canada

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit