Statements or Comments Made By JWs That Were WRONG

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Jehovah’s Witnesses claim to be the only religion that has the truth. They claim to be representing God himself. Can you think of anything that you could use to prove that the Witnesses do not have the Truth?

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Lying, covering up for pedophiles, wrong dates set, 607 no proof at all that this is the date for the destruction of the temple, the damage they cause to families.

• Hopeless1
    Hopeless1

They say that they are all in a spiritual paradise, - but - they still criticise and judge any they don’t like in the congregation, call them ‘weak, spiritually’, mark them, and treat them like dirt.

Their love-bombing is all for show, though they claim to have Christ-like love among themselves, and that they are therefore true Christians and no part of the world.

They suck up to higher up ones in the hierarchy, and brag about any they know personally,- I could go on and on, there’s plenty of scope here.

depressing, really

• Ding
    Ding
    A mountain of information has been available for a long time now.

Just look at posts on this site and JWfacts and examine Randy Watter's Freeminds literature (even going back to when it was Bethel Ministries).

Plenty of books, blogs, and videos are available challenging WT theology from every conceivable viewpoint.

There's the UN documentation and the Australia Royal Commission.

Even without any of that, the evidence is there. Ex-elder Leonard Chretien said, "The Watchtower's worst enemy is its own literature." He was referring mainly to their false prophecies and doctrinal flip-flops and cover-ups.

But the main question is: Prove to whom? To JWs themselves?

You can only prove something to someone who is willing to look at the truth about "the truth."

Some JWs meet that description, but many, many, many do not.

• Biahi
    Biahi

My grandma told me that the entire theme of the Bible is how Jehovah is going to kill everyone who is not a Jehovah’s Witness. Lol

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

A good one is when they claimed that the germ theory of disease was cobblers!

That's a tough statement to live down🙄

• minimus
    minimus

Dio, please explain

• minimus
    minimus

I do believe that Jehovah’s Witnesses do check things out here every so often. They probably don’t broadcast it but some Witnesses really are aware something is amiss in the Organization. They may not want to readily admit it but if they look at subjects like these, you never know who we can enlighten.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

After a hard day you will feel refreshed after the meeting

• minimus
    minimus

I don’t know if anyone that felt “refreshed “ after a meeting, whether they worked hard throughout the day or were retired. Listening to the monotone prepared talks are not a great way to refresh anyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit