Something strange when searching the 2001 WT CD regarding the UN

by Mantis 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mantis
    Mantis

I was checking out the 98 Awake 11/22 3-5 and noticed that if I search on "United Nations" this article doesn't come up in the search results - I thought that was kind of weird so I searched for "Eleanor Roosevelt" (which is mentioned in this article) and the 98 Awake article did come up. Seems kind of weird that this is the article that was submitted to the DPI and thats is not coming up in the search. Any comments??

• blondie
    blondie

Try "united nations" or UN (no dots). When putting in quotes, select the phrase or all words selection.

Did you search looking it up in the WT volume icon?

• Hamas
    Hamas

Hi Mantis, and welcome !

Blondie is correct. I have searched 'United Nations' and a host of articles are drawn to my attention.

It wouldn't have surprised me, though !!

Welcome again to the forum, my friend.

www.escapethewatchtower.com

• Mantis
    Mantis

I just did the general search(upper left icon) - I didn't use quotes - just typed united nations and the 98 Awake is not being searched. Its almost like somehow it got excluded on purpose....

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Mantis, I have the 2001 WTLIB and will test it when I get home tonight.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Well that would add up.

I remember on countless occassions trying to find cross references in the 'New World Translation' but being redirected to completely different places ! And sometimes, searching for a word in the index, that word wasn't there at all !

It seemed to me like they only placed words in to please their doctrine, but anything that contradicted this was thrown out.

• blondie
    blondie

I have the 1999 WT CD at work and I typed in

UN

United Nations

"United Nations"

"united nations"

united nations

in the general search window, hit enter, checked the hits under Awake, 1998 and found the article listed.

*** g98 11/22 3 A "Long Job Finished" ***

Try again, Mantis.

• Mantis
    Mantis

Ok, on the 01 CD:

un worked

United Nations did not work

"United Nations" did not work

"united nations" did not work

united nations did not work

Blondie, the 99 cd had the same results as you.

Seems very weird to me that the 01 doesn't find the results.... expecially since this was the article that was submitted.

http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/materials/articles.htm

• blondie
    blondie

Mantis, I did notice that they changed the way of searching in the 2001 CD. It has taken me some time to figure it out since I am no computer geek. That could be the root of the problem. I always try all the alternate ways of using the word or phrase as well as what you did, use another search word or phrase. I don't think it is deliberate. If anyone ever has a problem, PM me (but not all 10,000 at once) and I will see what I can find.

Blondie (Google expert level 15 out of 20)

• La-Bellamargarita
    La-Bellamargarita

How strange exactly the same thing happened to me a few years ago when I was trying to do some research on "canablism" in relation to human body transplants. I thought at the time this was strange, but I manage to get the info I needed anyhow. Just another instane of th WTs control freekery I guess, but interesting eh!!

love to all la-bella

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit