If God exists, what would be a good reason why he never communicates or helps his creation by intervention?

by pistolpete 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truth_b_known
  • Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Given the stories in the Bible, do you really want a god like that intervening in human affairs. Let’s say it’s all true, then god is the one thing you don’t want.

• Harvey
    Harvey

Paddy ....

then what you are really saying, is that this need and want was front loaded

from the very beginning into the physical attributes of the universe itself.

I think the evolutionary growing intelligence of mankind inherently started for man to think about why and how which he saw and experienced came about, the answer most ancients came up with is that supernatural beings in the massive heavens made and was the cause of what they saw.

Many people today still think this to be so.

• waton
    waton
    the massive heavens made and was the cause of what they saw.

H: when we look, we see light from the past. 8 minutes for the sun, light-years for stars, 13 billions for the beginning background radiation.

our being, existence, is rooted in the past, the past that we only see now. so,

naturally, we would have to look there to find our origins. even past the beginning of our universe, the local heavens. by their works you will know them or him/her.

• PaddyTheBaddy
    PaddyTheBaddy
    I think the evolutionary growing intelligence of mankind inherently started for man to think about why and how which he saw and experienced came about, the answer most ancients came up with is that supernatural beings in the massive heavens made and was the cause of what they saw.
    Many people today still think this to be so.

In a materialists reality the ancient mind was not the originator of the response "supernatural beings did it”. Whatever it is that produced our universe also produced the answer for the ancient mind to think. Without there being a non material aspect to reality, it is very difficult to escape this conclusion. It is part and parcel of the intellectual price tag a materialist is required to pay in order to adhere to their belief. Most are willing to pay this price as it is the price they believe is worth the truth they acquire in return. This truth includes, everything is either determined or probabilistic, therefore free will doesn’t exist and consciousness is just an illusion, an elaborate trick played on us by our brains.

• Harvey
    Harvey

This truth includes, everything is either determined

There are to two contradictory and accepted pieces of evidence we have now in the present, one which identifies human ignorance, the other which identifies continuing human knowledge of the world in which we live.

Origin of the universe is still debatable in my opinion.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Communication with God is apparent to those who have experienced it. Around a third to a half of people report some kind of communication with God when surveyed. That’s a lot of communication going on for a supposedly hidden God. If you’re going to ask why God doesn’t communicate with humans, it would seem reasonable first to answer the rather obvious point that he does communicate with an awful lot of people. Or if you don’t believe them, why don’t you believe them.

Because that communication is not proper communication. You saying people who claim God talked to them and number in the many gives weight to the fact god is communicating with them?

Do you believe the many who believe in the flat earth or ghosts or aliens are right because there are many to do so?

Given the need to believe in something then I'd expect many to say they have heard a god much like many say the earth is flat.

But let us go with your point...let us say god IS communicating with these people...why is he not revealing himself to ALL? Why doesn't he communicate and show himself? Seems he is a pretty shoddy guy if he talks to people one on one with zero evidence he exists.

Just think what could be done on this planet if god revealed himself and communicated.

But he hasn't...

Which means beyond reasonable doubt he doesn't exist.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

"If God exists why isn't he talking to us?" is basically the question.

Once again it is important to set up some definitions or come up with an agreed terminology as a foundation.

When someone says "God" does an old white man with white hair and a white beard sitting on a gold throne on a cloud in some other realm of existence come to mind? Is it the YHWY of the Old Testament as far as the definition go? If "yes," I can see why a person would say "There's no God."

Here is where I am - Is there a God, yes or no? Answer - It doesn't matter.

As long as one lives life by these 3 principles - "This is mine. This I am. This is me." there is no point in even trying to answer it.

Is there a God? Is there life after death? How did the universe begin or does it even have a beginning? None of these questions matter as long as we propagate "This is mine, this I am, this is me."

Once you get past that the other questions will become answered.

• Harvey
    Harvey

Since gods were inherently imagined by man, the answer to why those gods don't answer or intervene in are lives is because the gods are really us.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    Since gods were inherently imagined by man, the answer to why those gods don't answer or intervene in are lives is because the gods are really us.

Harvey,

You are an Enlightened person. Well said!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit