If God exists, what would be a good reason why he never communicates or helps his creation by intervention?

by pistolpete 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

You have probably heard all kinds of excuses why God doesn’t communicates with his creation or why he doesn’t intervene.

Some examples.

No one can see God because he is a spirit.

But we can hear God---yet he chooses not to talk to humanity.

God only communicates with certain people. Moses, Samuel, Abraham, etc.

But there are many people today who also claim that God spoke to them yet we ignore them but believe God spoke to people who lived thousands of years ago and we can’t really verify if that was so.

The Universal Sovereignty issue and God’s right to rule. Meaning God cannot interfere and communicate with humans.

But the devil can through spiritism.

God’s wisdom is beyond our comprehension, and there is a perfect reason why he allows cruel suffering and pain on humans as well as animals.

Which is hard to convince two cities that experienced what it's llike being NUKED. I'm talking about Japan.

OPTIONS WHY GOD DOESN’T COMMUNICATE WITH HUMANS.

GOD CREATED LIFE, BUT IS NOT ALL POWERFUL. Thus he can’t stop earthquakes, hurricanes, and doesn’t know how to create humans that live forever. We don't have ANY, EVIDENCE OF A HUMAN CAPABLE OF LIVING FOREVER ----ONLY RELIGIOUS ASSUMPTIONS.

GOD CREATED LIFE BUT GOD IS NOT BENEVOLENT. In other words God views humans and animals like we humans view bacteria or microbes that eat one another. We as humans have no compassion for microbes because they are insignificant to us, but they are interesting to watch them eat one another under a microscope.

GOD CREATED LIFE BUT IS NOT OMNISCIENT. In other words God figured out how to create life, but that’s it, His knowledge is limited and God can’t create humans that are immortal.

He didn’t figure out everything perfectly either in his material creation. Like if he was truly all knowing, he could have easily figure out how to create the earth’s moving plates to slide easily over each other, instead of the way they crash into each other and cause earthquakes and tsunamis.

He could have easily created humas and animals that sustain themselves on the energy of sunlight, just like the plants instead of humans and animals devouring each other and avoid the bloody mess.

He could have tamed the sexual desire or controlled it so as to help humans avoid certain crimes and overpopulate the earth, thus forcing some humans to fight and kill for limited resources.

And another option could be that God was a Creator but was never EVERLASTING.

He created just like humans create, but eventually became non-existent.just like human creators

God's creation still exists, just like some of man’s creations continue to exist even though the original human Creators has long passed away.

https://www.grunge.com/327172/the-oldest-buildings-still-in-use-today/

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

PistolPete:

I believe the real question being asked is "If the God of the Abrahamic faiths really exists and the literal sense of the Bible were true, what would be a good reason why he never communicates or helps his creation by intervention?"

If you keep trying to ask that question by reading the Bible, especially in the literal sense, you will only frustrate yourself. You will never answer the question. It is like being hungry and thinking that reading the menu will satisfy your hunger.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Many people believe God does communicate with them in a wide variety of ways. The question posed assumes that those who believe God does communicate with them are all mistaken. What is the basis for this assumption?

• Bud Stars
    Bud Stars

If God wanted us to know something or do something, he should say so. Many many people are eager to please him and make up stuff about what he expects. At this point, it appears to me that he is not interested in events on earth. As far as a personal interest in anyone, there is just not evidence of that. The existence of suffering indicates God's lack of interest in mankind.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    truth_b_known

I believe the real question being asked is "If the God of the Abrahamic faiths really exists and the literal sense of the Bible were true

I was not talking specifically about the God of the Bible or the God of Abraham.

I was talking about "GOD" --whoever that might be, - OR - CREATOR-because some people believe in a CREATOR---but don't believe in the God of the Bible.

It's possible GOD could just be a powerful CREATOR who WAS around a long time but not necessarily OMNIPOTENT, OMNISCIENT, BENEVOLENT OR EVERLASTING.

JUST LIKE EGO the God-like creator in the movie Guardian of the Galaxy volume 2.

This being called EGO explained his origins this way;

This form you see before you is only an extension of who I truly am.

I don’t know where I came from, exactly. The first thing I remember is flickering, adrift in the cosmos - utterly and entirely alone.

"Over millions of years, I learned to control the molecules around me. I grew smarter, I fed on the matter around me like plankton. I formed a sheathe to protect myself from the elements. and grew stronger. And I continued building from there, layer by layer, the very planet you walk on now."

"But I was no ant to be fulfilled solely by labor. I wanted more. I desired... meaning. There must be some life out there in the universe besides just me, I thought, and I set myself to task with finding it.

Finally I created what I imagined biological life to be like. Down to the most minute detail."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH-ArwwCK3s

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Many people believe God does communicate with them in a wide variety of ways. The question posed assumes that those who believe God does communicate with them are all mistaken. What is the basis for this assumption?
    The point is IF there is a god why is it not apparent he is communicating with us.
    Imagine being a parent but hiding your communication to your children. The point here is that it seems the lack of any considerable communication lends weight to the side that a god does not exist or a god who is a dick.
  • Harvey
    Harvey

When there is no tangible evidence, beliefs are necessary.

This goes for all spoken gods from man.

If a creating god does exist he (it) doesn't care about humanity or what goes on earth.

Jesus Christ was a god that mankind devised and wanted to be for are own sake.

or .... Maybe he is out creating another universe somewhere ?

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    slimboyfat

The question posed assumes that those who believe God does communicate with them are all mistaken. What is the basis for this assumption?

The assumption is based on what we as humans parents consider normal, communication between "Loving" parents and their children.

Loving Parents would not communicate with only one or two children, and refuse to talk to the other ten children.for an entire lifetime.

A loving parent talks to all his children.He comes to all their rescue when needed, not just one or two. He gives personal instruction to each one of them.

Why would an Almighty God who is the very personification of Love, Justice, Righteous Acts, and Not Partial, only speak to 10 or so humans in the entire history of humankind?????

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    notsurewheretogo

Imagine being a parent but hiding your communication to your children. The point here is that it seems the lack of any considerable communication lends weight to the side that a god does not exist or a god who is a dick.

I agree with you NSWTG.It does seem that way.

But it's possible there are other reasons why he doesn't communicate with his creation which I am try to explore.

As an example, I know someone whose father disappeared from the time he was born. The wife/mother and the son called the father a loser, coward and other names.

Come to find out 30 years later that he got kidnapped and died during the ordeal.

The assumption that the father was a dick was way off.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

This all presupposes the idea of God as that of the Abrahamic faith - there is some sort of entity that is conscious, that is separate from the universe, as the universe was created by this entity.

Look at it another way - suppose there was a consciousness that decided to manifest as the universe. Everything, everyone is this divine consciousness. This consciousness wants everyone to recognize the divinity within as that is where divinity is hidden. Our job is to wake up and realize this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit