2016 Regional Convention - Invite First Look

by pixel 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimDrake1914
    TimDrake1914
    Oh look, we are "waaaaaaaaarmly welcomed" to this as well! LOL!
  • Gayle
    Gayle

Interesting, in 2 Kings 18:14-16 Hezekiah states "I have done wrong . . .I will pay whatever you demand of me.
    So Hezekiah gave him (king of Assyria) all the silver that was found in the temple . . .stripped off the gold and gave to the king of Assyria." (I just have a NIV bible)

Makes me wonder if the org will have some bible way of trying to explain why they have to pay some wicked governments a lot of money???

• Heaven
    Heaven

I don't understand how you can remain loyal to someone that doesn't exist.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I dont think I would last an hour
  • sir82
    sir82

I don't understand how you can remain loyal to someone that doesn't exist

What, you think they mean Jehovah?

Psssh!

The GB don't care a flying fig about your loyalty to "Jehovah".

They want loyalty to MEN - the GB, the elders, the organization itself.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Hmmm.... an entire convention on Loyalty. Looks like a lot of people are being dis loyal. People are leaving and are angry. Just the title of the assembly tells me they are very worried. Remember what the March Broadcast says about removing the rafter from YOUR eye, not the other way around. The organization has done NOTHING, it's always YOUR fault . Remember that. lol

Let me guess, they will have a talk about your loyalty and giving your "first fruits". Which translates, "give us your money."

• blondie
    blondie

Most jws I knew went to assembly/conventions because of the fun afterwards in their room overdrinking, eating, talking about anything other than the convention info and that is just the elders. The first time my husband the new elder went, he was stunned; it was like the pot parties he went to when he was in HS, college, and work before he got baptized, actually worse. The kids down in the pool chasing non-jws away by their rudeness not controlled by their mothers who sat around with the other mothers catching up on the gossip in each other's congregations. The pre-teen boys playing a game with the elevators, so the non-jw people at the hotel had to use the stairs.

I remember the manager trying to control things and the mothers ripped him a new one and said they were paying customers too.

I saw many at the convention with ear plugs but not tuned to the talks; or the privileged elders walking the halls or sitting at the tables in the hall.

They took away the only things I liked, danishes and pudding and the frozen orange juice.

• Heaven
    Heaven
    LOL @ sir82.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Oh, I loved those cheese danishes!
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Yeah...the pudding was great!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest