How would you react if you learn that some participants in this forum are "undocumented" in your country?

by Wonderment 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

How would you react if you learn that some participants in this forum are "illegally" in your country?

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I feel that a person's immigration status is really not relevant unless they enter a country to commit criminal acts.

Then, I would consider that person as unwanted.

Otherwise, let me become a contributing upstanding member of society. Yes, including paying their taxes.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I guess that would depend on the circumstances .

Why are they illegal in the first place ? Do they have something to hide in there past ? That would hinder there becoming Legals ?

Why have they not gone through the legal channels to be a citizen of the country ?

And to answer the OP so long as they are not a threat to anybody or the security of the country I couldn`t give a rats arse.

Eventually they will have to answer for there actions by the authorities when they are discovered which sooner or later they will be.

• waton
    waton

I would say that they should spend their energy to straighten out their status, rather trying to give input here. We try to do things right, straighten out where we were misled,

so, before arguing and lecturing here, establish a moral base.

The UN asylum laws would make you legal if you are a real, upright person.

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

Not one of us had any say where we were born.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

How would you ever find out such a thing?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is not the problem of the forum. Rather, it is the problem of the government of the country that said person is illegally in. The government needs to start taking deportation measures against those who are illegally in the country, and companies that hire such people need to turn them in for deportation (it is illegal for a company to knowingly hire an illegal immigrant). However, there is no provision against illegal immigrants on this forum, or as far as I know, any other forum (unless it is explicitly in the terms of service, that is).

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I wouldn't react at all, one way or the other.

It's the job of the Home Office and other authorities to stop illegal immigrants from entering the UK and to deport them.

Even if I did react (got really happy or angry), what difference would it make?

There's nothing I can do about anonymous posters who also happen to be illegal immigrants.

One of the strangest OPs on this forum, IMO.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

He means, that if there was someone you really liked, and you found out they were an illegal, would your attitude to them change?( that is if illegal immigration is an issue that makes you angry...you know who you are).

fact is, for most people, we spend most of our time justifying decisions we’ve already made ie if someone we know and like does something we don’t normally approve of, we are likely to make excuses for them.

One of the major reasons people can’t always straighten out their immigration status has nothing to do with anything nepherious but is good old fashioned AGE-ism.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

He means, that if there was someone you really liked, and you found out they were an illegal, would your attitude to them change?( that is if illegal immigration is an issue that makes you angry...you know who you are) - then the OP seems to be making a mistake, at least when it comes to me.

The mistake made is conflation of illegal immigrants and illegal immigration.

Illegal immigration is not on and I want the proper authorities to stop it as best they can.

Does that mean I hate illegal immigrants, or that my opinions of anonymous posters would change if I found out they were illegal immigrants?

Nah, not really. I was in my local off-licence a few days ago, and it's run by Poles and Kurdish people. They're alright.

And I thought to myself, what if they're here illegally?

They're ok, they're just ordinary people working and making money like anyone else.

I wouldn't rat them out to the police, TBH.

Like I said, it's the job of the Home Office and police to sort those problems out.

Would I vote for a political party who promised to get tough on illegal immigration? Yes, probably.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit