More bad news for the Organisation in Australia

by no-zombie 31 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LV101
    LV101

I hope the victims receive the help they need and many times more. The horrific org deserves to be wiped out of existence but it's not going to happen, unfortunately.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The Australian Branch may plead poverty and claim that "you can't get blood out of a stone". Possibility of seeing their workload transferred to Japan and another Branch complex being sold off.

The org is willing to let any Branch take the fall for implementing the H.Q.'s directives on dealing with paedophiles.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

Its clear from the behavior of the GB's centralizing of funds, that they have circles their wagons to protect the organizational headquarters. And by hollowing out financially each branch/country, they have shown a policy of risk containment. Which means that if one branch goes belly up, the society has lost less money (than other wise) and branches can be cut loose to prevent funds bleeding out by propping up a lost cause. Which is very cold and corporate.

On the hand its good news for real lovers of truth, because it shows (even if only mentally) the GB are in retreat.

And as for the Australian brotherhood, the sale of the Sydney Bethel will have an emotional impact even on the blindest of then.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Suddenly all KHs in Australia will belong to individual congregations again!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I don't know exactly how much real estates (kingdom halls, Assembly Halls and Bethel) the JWs have in Australia, but it seems like it might not be enough to pay everything, even if they refinanced everything.

From what I can see, the government will pay the victims and will try to recover the money from the JWs. This will drag on and on over several years.

In addition, a government may not take financial measures against a religion that is so severe that it might actually be considered to impede on the freedom of religion. So, they Australian Government won't have that much latitude.

I sucks cause to me, the JWs uses government borders and laws to escape justice ... this will not be the end of the JWs.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's hard to predict what the BORG will, or will not do. If we put ourselves in their place and think like scumbag Lawyers, it becomes clear that their options are limited.

1) Do nothing. Gerrit Loesch refused a Court summons...so far, so good...

2) Agree to pay abuse victims and accept the Australian RC's investigation as a much needed process. This has problems, as it's an admission of culpability, and an admission that corruption exists within the WTBTS.

Perhaps the BORG are counting on the February WT to bolster the troops? Don't forget that the BORG can crank out JW-TV propaganda to deal with issues, and they don't have to stop the presses.

Will we see a special JW broadcast soon???

3) Refuse to cooperate with the RC. Go to court, instead of "compromising your principles" like the RCC. If you lose, claim persecution and beg for more $$$. If you win, Jeehibity-hop gave the one true religion a victory over Satan's minions!!

Option #2, along with throwing some Elders under the bus, is what I would do. Then I would crank out broadcasts, becuase only the die-hard brainwashed are watching, and that's all the BORG ultimately cares about.

DD

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

all australian watchtower and awakes are already being printed in japan as well as a heap of other items

jtg

• Village Idiot
  • 2+2=5
    2+2=5

This is coming soon. Not WT soon either. Unlike their bullshit message, this is legitimate.

20 million dollars would be a conservative estimate, this will take years, and it's all downhill from here for the filthy WTS.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Interesting. Thank you for posting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit