What was the biggest hypocrisy you have seen while a witness?

by HereIgo 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

I have far too many to name, however, I have noticed obscene music, cussing, lying and secretive gambling to name a few. Thoughts?

• hoser
    hoser

A multimillionaire businessman elder being interviewed at a circuit assembly about how he keeps his life simple.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

There was a brother in my hall that sexually molested one the kids. Just about everyone knew about it. Heck, his name became some type of expression for the "pedophile brother". Don't go with this brother in service, he might just be a "First and Last Name". The worst thing is: No one ever called the police. The guy never saw a cell, never had any real consequence.

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

@hoser good one! I knew a CO that always bragged about his millionaire friends

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

@Stephanie, yes I resent the org for their covering up of molestation smh

• Chook
    Chook

That we preached to families about happy family life , when I know a lot of them were more content and happier than jws.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I loved how different Elders over the years would give talks that highlighted the closeness of "The End" and the "Urgency of the Message" then go off on a 2 week cruise to some sunny destination.

Then there were others who'd give answers or talks about how we should "keep our eye simple" and everyone knew they were up to their ears in debt and were driving a leased German SUV.

I'm all for people taking nice vacations or enjoying nice things but never could figure out how they didn't see the contradiction between what they were saying and how they were living.

One of these same Elders had a daughter who slept with every boyfriend she ever had and was only privately reproved each time. Finally she turned up pregnant so there was no way they could just let go again. The weekend before the announcement was to be made at the Kingdom Hall, they threw together a really fancy wedding for her just so all the JW relatives and friends could attend and her JW Uncle could give the talk. They totally missed the point and made a mockery of the whole reason someone is DF'd.

• jeanniebeanzz
    jeanniebeanzz

alcoholic elders giving advice to 'sisters' who have concerns about their alcoholic husbands on how, 'beer is a food', and how 'daily drinking is not a problem'... <.< assholes... ruined a lot of lives...

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Elder abusing his wife and beating the crap out of his kids, gave a talk on Family Life....Still an elder today.

• baker
    baker

watching an elder tell the great crowd to go and watch Splain to explain the overlaping generation on jw.broadcasting.org and chuckle about it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit