Do you think the Door to Door KNOCKING - field service will EVER resume AGAIN?

by pistolpete 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

If I was a JW, and COVID put and end to the door to door work for two years, and kingdom halls closed, it would get me to re-visit and think about the stupidity of the Overlapping generation, and how they extended the deadline for Armageddon to 2072. (1992 Franz death +80 more years)

If I was 20 years of age, plus another 80 = 100 years of age for the system to end.

Meaning I would die first before Armageddon.

I would NEVER GO BACK DOOR to DOOR SERVICE.

I would stop the religion all together and just try to live my life as best as I could.

Now in my case, some of my jw relatives are starting to do the math. They are in the first step right now. Meaning they are REAL DEPRESSED.

It has become obvious to some of them that they are going to die before Armageddon.

Interestingly, they never stopped to do the Math when Splane explained the Overlapping Generation and the IMPLICATIONS!

They are barely doing the math NOW.

And they say the same thing most exjws say; WHY DIDN'T I NOTICE????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejO0Z8m2n-k

• Rafe
    Rafe

Pist... Pete the majority of JWS are not very bright, they will follow the GB leaders to their directions.

I see side walk literature stands being the Fav among JWS but some will venture back to door to door work.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Pete the majority of JWS are not very bright

Ya, that saddens me.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Yes. As soon as the Covid hysteria dies down the KHs will open and the door-to-door will resume.

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

Another aspect that may impact resuming the door-to-door work is legal liability.

The Organization has used the excuse in court cases that every JW engages in a “personal” ministry that is essentially disconnected from the any centralized directives. Of course, this is not true but they use it as cover when something bad happens between publishers (such as abuse).

It’s easier to get away with this excuse since it is difficult to trace the origin of JW activities…the preaching work has been going on for well over 100 years.

Now, however, it’s been shut down by a centralized directive from the Governing Body. Can the Governing Body now order everyone back into the field, door-to-door, and still maintain the line that all this is just a personal ministry to which the Organization has little connection and no liability?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Not until herd immunity is officially declared...which is probably never.

• luckynedpepper
    luckynedpepper

Take Ken Cook;

Graduates HS 1980 (I think, per his WT introduction), call him 17.

Arrives at Bethel 1982

Franz dies 1992; he's now 29 (Somewhere in those intervening 10 years he starts partaking)

2022 is only a few mos away; He's now 59.

2032; He's now 69, and staring down death. This will be time to come up with a new explanation.

Could he live to 99, i guess so- but, is that relevant

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The Organization has used the excuse in court cases that every JW engages in a “personal” ministry that is essentially disconnected from the any centralized directives.

That is what I have been using for the past several months of not reporting any FS time. I just say, "I engage in my personal ministry," and leave it at that. My personal ministry is being a good neighbor in the community. It hacks off the elders, but I really don't shive a git.

• carla
    carla

I think the public may have something to say about strangers knocking on their doors in the era of covid. Though I guess if they are going to allow trick or treating maybe the jw's will think, "well, why not us too? we should be able to knock on doors too!"

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    carla

I think the public may have something to say about strangers knocking on their doors in the era of covid. Though I guess if they are going to allow trick or treating maybe the jw's will think, "well, why not us too? we should be able to knock on doors too!"

But trick or treating is once a year.

Jws knock on doors EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit