My son is going off to a university this fall

by Tameria2001 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Hello everyone, I have some really good news, and just can't hold it in any longer. My youngest is going off to a university in August, and he will be majoring in Business Management, and Marketing. When I see what my son is doing with his life, it makes the decision to leave the JWs, I made all those years ago, when his older brother was just starting school, all the more worth it. My sons were able to grow up to become the people they are today, and that is the freedom to be who they are. Looking back at my life in that cult, I really don't regret it either. I say this because with those experiences, my own children will know what to look for when it comes to avoiding traps like that.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Congratulations! You have good reason to be proud of your boys and yourself. I am grateful that after 5 years my Dad figured out that WT religion was not the truth. It saved me from going through so much confusion, fear and guilt.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

GREAT NEWS!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Doc

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Good for you and your boys!!!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Yahoo!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Fantastic news!

• Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster

Fantastic news. It makes it feel even sweeter when you know what the alternative could have been, had you not made the courageous decision to leave. I'm always thankful when I think of the joyful, free lives my own two got to live, compared to the dismal existence I had for 11 years. What many take for granted (those who were never trapped in a cult), we appreciate perhaps more. Enjoy!

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Congratulations!!! We may not be able to change the past, but we sure can change the future. Good for you doing what you needed to make life better for your boys!!!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Great news! You should be extremely proud! So nice to hear success stories!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit