Could we ever see a GB member disassociate?

by pleaseresearch 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

We saw it with Raymond Franz. But do you think we could ever see one of the current GB members or future ones, make the same choice?

To leave, and expose it.

• Londo111
    Londo111

He never disassociated.

They disfellowshipped him for eating with his disassociated employer/landlord, something that was not a "disfellowshipping offense" just a year before.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Not a chance.

They were vetted long and hard. They are Company Men. They live like kings and they are not about to abdicate their throne.

They lack the integrity to take a moral stand.

Doc

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    DOC They were vetted long and hard. They are Company Men. They live like kings and they are not about to abdicate their throne.

Reading this just made me wonder if Ray Franze was the exception because he got in under the radar being the nephew of a current member therefore not subject to the usual scrutiny?

• sir82
    sir82

Reading this just made me wonder if Ray Franze was the exception because he got in under the radar

Huh?

He was fired from the GB and kicked out of Bethel. The rest of the GB manufactured a reason to DF him and did so at their first opportunity.

In what sense was he "under the radar"?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    They had to get rid of Ray, he (in their opinion) was a Troublemaker. They will do the same today. If you start talking, they will "get rid of you." Unless you have money to give them or know where all the bodies are buried.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Hi Dio,

From what I remember Ray had already served for decades before he joined Bethel.

"I had spent nearly forty years as a full time representative, serving at every level of the organizational structure. The last fifteen years I had spent at the international headquarters, and the final nine of those as a member of the worldwide Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. It was those final years that were the crucial period for me. Illusions there met up with reality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Franz

As far as the question goes "Could we see a GB member disassociate?

Sure there's a lot of ego's at play at that level of (supposed) importance. We get Elders arriving every month on this site after clashing with the CO or other Elders being disrespected or accused of one thing or the other and the blinders slip off and that WTF moment occurs.

Ego trumps faith every time.

Ray got disrespected by his GB and he left..........even turned down a cash supplement (whatever the special Pioneer pay was in his day).

I don't see his moral equivalent on the present GB but you never know.

People can change depending on the issues.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    The would be icing on the cake. Never say never.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Being that leaving would create utter disgrace and a lose of the majorly of friends and family.

Being that most of the GB aren't rich people that can live off their retirement income, the WTS is their retirement income, as well the privilege of travelling around the world and getting treated like a celebrity.

Try doing that on a real retirement income ???

So you can see the chance of a GB member to leave from all of that is slim.

Better to fake it a little and go with the flow , the alternative is not appealing and almost impossible to comprehend. Hell if I was in their shoes I might think the same.

• sir82
    sir82

Answering the OP, never, not in a million years.

Among other reasons, they (and their wives) are 100% financially dependent on maintaining their "good standing" with the org.

None of them appears to have even one-fourth of the intelligence & integrity of Ray Franz, so writing a book as a means of income would be far beyond their capabilities.

They are stuck there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit