JUNE 2017 Watchtower - Lost a loved one? Go out in service!

by pale.emperor 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Apparently going to the Kingdom Hall and getting out in the door to door ministry is the best way to get over the loss of a loved one. Who'dve thunk it?

Yes, no matter what happens, we must peddle those magazines. And how dare you for not thinking of JW.borg and thinking of your dear old nana instead.

• Ding
    Ding

Field service is the WT's answer to everything -- loss, loneliness, apostasy in the family, temptation...

There's nothing that can't be fixed by putting in more time faithfully serving the borg.

• millie210
    millie210

Funny how you can see the subtle (or not so subtle but somewhat pathetic actually) tools being used to steer your thinking about what you are reading...

In this little section Pale provided, I noticed that they named the modern day concerned "sister" Ann.

A way for the article writers to help underscore their attempt to identify the biblical Hannah with their fictitious "Ann" in the readers mind.

When I saw the girl being helped was named "Paula" I left off reading looking for some mention of Paul and BAM. Yep theres the reference to Paul. LOL

When you are swimming along in your stream of consciousness like an unsuspecting little guppy just gulping in the water and happy to be there (this is my analogy of myself when I used to attend meetings) you dont notice all the little "tie ins" and cross overs they are throwing at you.

But your subconscious does and it feels "satisfied" and "convinced" when all the little subtleties all mesh. When all the little threads get tied in to a nice neat package complete with a bow on top!

This MUST be the truth! Look how good it feels and it all worked out!

(Notice how "Paulas" mom even came back? Could "Paulas" life have possibly be any better????)

I also thought it was funny that in the last paragraph on the right column, they encourage you to study with other peoples children in a public place so others cant "misconstrue" what you are doing.

Like when the congregation pedophile is molesting the children?

Ok! Way to spit on your forest fire there ORG.

Good going!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

If you have a problem the solution is always more cult involvement. If that doesn't fix the problem then you're either still not doing enough or you don't have the right attitude/heart-condition. So don't complain that it didn't solve your problem because that's just evidence that you're worthless/evil.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I remember a CO saying something to the effect that you could be depressed or bipolar at home...or get out in the ministry (not sure if he mentioned pioneering or not).

But yeah...it is the answer for everything.

• millie210
    millie210

It does the same thing that volunteering does.

It gets you out of the house and thinking of others.

It is no more or no less (although I could argue it is less lol)

But the Org would NEVER say you should volunteer for any group in the community except theirs.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Interesting re: an actress referred to Ingrid Bergman's autobiography, My Story.

A fellow Swedish actress, Signe Hasso, had recently lost her son in an automobile accident. When Ms. Bergman called to comfort her friend, she couldn't understand why Signe chatted on and on as though nothing had happened.

When Ingrid asked about the young man's death, Signe did quietly acknowledge it. She said that her son's best friend, who was all right physically, had been driving the car and she needed to care for him in his sorrow.

She went on stage that night, telling Ingrid beforehand:

"Yes, Ingrid, I must play tonight. Otherwise, I'll go insane."

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Whoa Millie!!! Is that whole name thing something that happens a lot? I've never noticed that......mind blown (again).

• millie210
    millie210

Hi dub,

I read that they did that here on a thread somewhere a few years ago.

So I started watching for it.

I got my mind blown too...

Of course it was a short trip for me...I didnt even know they made those names and experiences up until I read here. I thought they were real.

• minimus
    minimus

Stupid.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit