WT Teaching On Who The NT was Written For

by Sea Breeze 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Maybe someone can help me here:

When I got baptized at age 23, an elder dropped a bombshell on me. He said that the New Testament wasn't written for the Great Crowd (me). He said that it only applies to the anointed, and "by extension" the NT applies to the Great Crowd.

Has anyone else ever heard this? Does anyone know whether or not the WT has come out and said this in writing?

Many thanks in advance,

- Sea Breeze

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The 4 gospels are written as histories of Jesus so they are not written for anyone in particular. Same with Acts.

The letters of Paul were written for the congregations and they were anointed, so they were written for the anointed in those congregations. Same could be said of Peter, James, John and Jude's letters.

Revelation was a vision of the future.

• carla
  • Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Thanks Carla. Found it!

Watchtower 1974 June 15 p.376
    "Also, it is to the spirit-anointed Christians who will rule in that kingdom that most of the Christian Greek Scriptures is directed, including the promises of everlasting life."

So, there you have it. It's just too bad that we weren't all born a hundred years ago or so. According to the WT liars, God ran out of everlasting life after 144,000 people.

https://youtu.be/sBlhrTpi69E

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The two- class Christianity is a WT construct, so the question is moot.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

It is all completely whacky. You have a religion that claims to be a "Christian Congregation," but it teaches -

• Jesus created a New Covenant between he and only 144,000 people.
    • The covenant is symbolized by an annual "Memorial" in which only those 144,000 people are to participate. All others are simply "observers".
    • Jesus gave his life as a sacrifice to balance the scales of cosmic justice that Adam put off kilter. This ransom gives no one but those 144,000 brought into the new covenant any sort of "salvation".
    • Anyone outside this 144,000 who wishes to receive some sort of salvation from everlasting destruction has to show unwavering, blind obedience to the writings of 8 men in Walkhill, NY who are probably part of the 144,000, though some in the past have been labeled as not. Anyone else who claims to be 144,000 is probably mentally ill.

Here's the real kicker - Many on this very website are like me; born and raised as a JW, a loyal JW for decades, and never knew this!

I didn't learn until after being a born-in Witness who faithfully practiced the religion until I was in my mid-30s that my own religion taught that Jesus did not die for our sins. I learned after the fact that I, as part of the "Great Crowd," only had a hope of salvation. That I was hedging my bets on riding the coattails of 144,000 people who were guarantied salvation.

The passengers and crew of he RMS Titanic came to about 3,300 people. As the passenger ship is sinking the captain says there are lifeboats for only 412 people. How many people will make it one life boats? Answer: 412. The real question is why are 8 of the 412 people telling the other 2,900 passengers to pledge their lives to them in exchange for salvation?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    I didn't learn until after being a born-in Witness who faithfully practiced the religion until I was in my mid-30s that my own religion taught that Jesus did not die for our sins.

That is THE ONE THING that makes them so criminal! They bloviate out the wazoo, make you answer 80 questions about nothing, which gives you the impression you have a handle on what you are agreeing to. And then, later after baptism when you figure out what you were tricked into, they disfellowship you for apostasy!

We are all very lucky here. Many have ended up in drug/alcohol tragedies or suicides without ever realizing the cruel game that was played on them.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Sea Breeze just nailed it!

RB.

• asp59
    asp59
    Hopefully new testament is for does going to heaven. And Old testament for does staying in Earth. Old testament life feels more crazy and adventures. Plus poetic and sensual. Much to enjoy and explore. Not rigid like new testament.
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I think we should ask Simon to put another option to click, so we have

Like, Dislike, ????What????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit