Are JW's starting there own college?

by VeniceIT 20 Replies latest jw friends

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

I just recieved this today and thought I'd post it!

A friend heard (already hearsay, right?) that the WT Society is thinking about or is already in the process of setting up a college. Maybe this is only a rumor confused with Gilead School at Paterson. However, my friend got the impression it was college in the sense of the Society sponsoring an institution of higher learning. After, all in order to survive, the 7th Day Adventists set up hospitals and colleges, so maybe this is true, and part and parcel to JWs becoming more and more mainstream.

Have you heard anything about this? Could you throw this question out on your web site grapvine and see what comes of it? Let me know.

Venice!!!

• larc
    larc

No I haven't heard of this. Fact is, they don't have enough educated people in their 6 million members to set up an accredited college.

• COMF
    COMF

I can see it. It would be a logical next step on the way to more income and better public image. Accreditation need not be a concern, at least in the beginning.

COMF

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Fact is, they don't have enough educated people in their 6 million members to set up an accredited college.

They don't have enough educated people in their 6 million members to set up your basic grade school.

Farkel

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I can imagine what their teaching of history subjects will be like: all related to some Biblically based timeline, with a huge gap between the end of the 1st century and the mid 19th century.

Psychology: Join us and be happy

Political Science: Us v. Them

Law: Rewarding career helping the society defend its wealth from its victims

• jelly
    jelly

Any college set up by the org would be so tied down with the need to support their dogma (blood is bad, revisionist history, psychology is bad, etc,etc), it would make the institution completly without value. I wonder what they would teach?

Class list fall 2001:

Door Knocking 101
    How to rewrite history 133
    Why women need discipline 100
    Why women need discipline 150
    Why women need discipline 200
    Children, (how to scare the hell out of them) 120
    ------>required text my book of bible stories
    Greek for the metally challenged 102
    Why my penis makes me smarter than a woman 113

Jelly (sorry spell checker is down, i think i broke it)

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Hey Butt Face Farkel,

Since we are uneducated, why don't you help us out?

• metatron
    metatron

I believe Gilead was considered a college, of sorts.
    It had some kind of accredation when Dunlap was in charge.

The original papers filed with the building of Paterson
    declared it to be an educational institution or college.

I think it's a great idea because it will finally show
    how fatuous and indefensible their doctrine is. Can you
    actually imagine the equivalent of a dept. of theology
    at such a college? Could they "throw out" instructors
    who "turn apostate" every couple of months? It would
    be hilarious!

metatron

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Gee Metatron,

I wander who will teach us Theology? Is it Ray Franz and James Penton? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• joelbear
    joelbear

Its an interesting idea. However, there would be a lot of topics that they wouldn't be able to really cover.

However, I disagree that there are not intelligent people in the watchtower society. Indeed, I think there are a number of very intelligent people there.

Stupidity is not what keeps people witnesses, desperation does.

hugs

Joel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit