Does Paul preach a fundamentally different religion than Jesus?

by Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Yes! Paul hijacked Jesus' Christianity. Jesus said stop judging people where as Paul said to judge people (ie: that don't follow his rules and kick them out of the congregation until they come around to following his rules.) So yeah they are very diametrically different. So much for the bible having one author and many secretaries theory of the Watchtower Corporation proposition That the bible is completely harmonious.

Jesus: Luke 6:37: “Judge not, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven”
    Paul: Cor. 5:11-13: But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a verbal abuser, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. 12What business of mine is it to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked man from among you.”…
  • Perry
    Perry

Jesus also warns His disciples, “Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves”

In Luke 6: 37; Jesus obviously wasn't stating that we throw out discernment along with hyper-judgementalism.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

While you cannot judge the eternal destination of people, anyone can (and must) judge actions made by people.

If somebody insists in evil acts you can decide not to associate with it. And you can only do that with a personal judgement. To judge is to decide.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Paul, who is the chronologically the earliest NT writer, does not write about Jesus' life, preaching or teachings. Paul focused on one event - Jesus' resurrection, and hence the meanings Paul associated with Jesus' death.

Doug

• kpop
    kpop

The Bible is ONE BIG CONTRADICTION. I think that settles it!

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

People will chose to believe that which they want to believe. Most often, that which agrees with their lifestyle.

Are there "differences" between the OT and NT. Sure. But the Bible has endured thousands of years of tinkering, starting with the Jews and then the "Christian" church.

But, the idea that God was ruthless in the OT and snugly bugly in the NT is preposterous.

God is Love. But Love demands justice. How would God be showing love to the fatherless boy if he coddled the bastard who beat him?

In the NT, Peter started a community. That community was communist in the true sense. In came a couple of capitalists, Anninias and Saphira. They were busted for practicing capitalism in the heart of Gods community. God struck them dead. The Christian God of the NT, the God of love, struck them dead.

And they deserved it. That's what Love demands.

Jesus preached the God of the OT, as did Paul. But their teachings clarified much that was obscured by the Jews.

But people will convince themselves of whatever... here no different than in dubland past.

• smiddy
    smiddy

With all the foregoing no wonder I

now identify myself as an Atheist .and are done with religious beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit