Looking for suggestions, I'm being called on by a JW

by Tameria2001 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

There is always the transparency check

Are there any aspects of your religion that trouble you or perhaps make you uncomfortable...or is it all good?

1. Do you see your religion as being the only religion that God approves of?

2. Would you say that all other religions are essentially satanic or part of Satan's kingdom?

3. Do you believe that God is planning to destroy all other religions including the churches of Christendom and their supporters?

4. Do you believe, perhaps with rare exceptions, that only faithful Jehovah's Witnesses have a scriptural hope of surviving Armageddon?

5. Do you believe then that a Jehovah's Witness who willfully and unrepentingly accepts blood transfusions forfeits that hope of surviving Armageddon?

6. Would you say that Witnesses are free to question and even disagree with what comes down from your religion's headquarters? (without repercussion?)

7. Do you know of any honorable way for a Jehovah's Witness to leave your religion?

8. Do you believe that adult Jehovah's Witnesses, who either leave or are disfellowshipped from your religion, should be shunned?

9. If you somehow lost faith in your religion's primary leadership, would you lose your faith in God and the Bible?

10. Do you believe your religion has done its best to assure the safety of children from sexual molestation and abuse.

All of the above 10 "Yes/No" questions can be delved into further with sub-questions.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    I was thinking about mentioning the pandemic of the early 1900s (Spanish Flu). The total slaughter of people during the 1930s and 1940s; Germany and the Jews and others they consider undesirables, Japan and the Chinese people, Russia and their own citizens, just to name a few.

Trust me this isn't a good idea. All that will do is confirm in her mind that we're living in the last days, because that's when they all took place.

P.S.

Even if you personally don't believe in the Bible, jumping all the way to skepticism probably won't be good as that would just raise their defenses to everything you say.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    would probe them a bit on the "wonderful news" about God's Kingdom. Ask them who would be annihilated to achieve this. We know that the Society teaches that everyone who isn't a JW ( and even some who are but are weak ) will be destroyed including new born babies and children.

Yes once I establish non Jehovah’s witnesses will not survive, I always say that no matter when Jehovah chooses to execute Armageddon there will always be a certain percentage of unborn children, or very young babies, probably in their millions, that will die. If they claim that Jehovah knows the heart you can say that they must believe in predestination. If they attempt to blame the non believing parents and/or the State, you can say “didn’t Jehovah say no one can pay for the sins of another or a child it’s parents sins?”

I also like to ask if they believe in the soul. When they state they don’t I would ask what will happen to those who die of covid19 before Armageddon. When they say resurrection I would explain that due to decomposition, if you don’t believe in a soul, the resurrected person would just be a clone of the original person. Even more so if god wipes out bad memories as many witnesses believe. New body and new memories, how is that the original person in any shape or form? (Maybe send them a scan of the Wiki of The ship of Theseus).

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Don't consider JWS bad people they're just a bit uneducated and being mind controlled by men who are running a publishing house who subsequently built up their own power by exploiting the public's basic belief in the bible..

Its all in the Watchtower Corporation.

• tiki
    tiki
    I wouldn't waste any time on any dialogue....not worth it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit