Where's my invitation to the Memorial? What the hell!

by ToesUp 19 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser
    They left one in my mailbox today.
  • maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle
    They leave them here with no knock. My FIL says that is what they were told.
  • Lostwun
    Lostwun

Now toes be thankful for your blessings.

This is one of them 😜

• just fine
    just fine
    They went right on by my house last Saturday- after I chased them down the block last summer amd returned their invitation to the assembly- I am proudly on the Do Not Call list.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Lostwun...Blessings all around. ha

My spouse and I watched them out of our window. As we watched them unload the car, we discussed how we DO NOT miss the "tasks" this organization puts on its members. You know...the burdens the branch (Jehovah) does not want to put on the Brothers and Sisters. What a joke!

• Clearview
    Clearview
    I found mine in my door today. I carefully wadded it up and placed it in the garbage can, but not before noting the time and date of the memorial so that when that time and date comes, I can reflect on how happy I am to not be sitting there listening to some idiot drone on about nothing.
  • Lieu
    Lieu

What's the point of it anyway? You aren't doing anything in "remembrance". Who goes to a meal where you're not allowed to eat? Better still, it's ignorant to invite people to a meal when you know you aren't going to feed them.

It's exclusionary. Jesus sacrificed himself only for a small few, according to JW thought, and not for the whole world. But Jesus isn't mentioned much, so ....

• talesin
    talesin

I've not gotten an invite either. In fact, they have not 'worked this territory' since I moved in over 2 years ago. Boo f*ckin' hoo!

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Just had my invite

Wife was out at shops so I answered door to two elders which caught me by surprise, but I asked them in. Huge display of flowers and Mothers Day cards on display, also by my chair my iPad, first brother asked was I watching JW.org or whatever it called, seized the moment and said "No" and showed them what I WAS watching, Geoffrey Jackson testifying to ARC, stunned silence and then " well good to see you but we have to get on..." I made comment that it was interesting that Jackson was engaged to a younger sister, total blank looks as they obviously know less than we do here! Asked how Chelmford going on and they said good progress, look of surprise from me "well, I understood work at a complete standstill while decisions made over printing etc, shipping being handled from Selter...........they left! Quicker than they came in.They are like mushrooms, growing in compost and kept in the dark.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As they are supposedly calling even on DF'd ones this year, I was expecting a knock, and was all geared up to give 'em my best, but no, they "worked" the doors, and even came back by on another day and did the Not Homes.

We were in both times, nobody deemed us worthy ! (Good !).

Maybe this stems from the last call I got, two Elders who I told to look at JW Facts Site, and the Australian Royal Commission Site. Oh boy, at last Phizzy is listed as a Dangerous Apostate !

I am proud !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit