Where's my invitation to the Memorial? What the hell!

by ToesUp 19 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

A carload of JW's worked our street today. Obviously they are doing the invites to the Memorial. Of course, we didn't answer.

1 ring, 2 seconds at the door (that's all we get?) and when we checked later....NO TRACT WITH AN INVITE LEFT IN THE DOOR? What the hell. They are doing all of this invite work but leaving no invite in the doors? How is anyone going to find the date, time and location to the Memorial? I'm so hurt.... NOT! (Sarcasm alert!)

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

We were told during the last meeting that we are not leaving them at the doors without answer yet. Maybe in another week we will be just leaving it at every door.

DY

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Hmmm...good to know. Thanks DY.
  • fokyc
    fokyc

They don't even knock or ring when passing my place!

They just look at a bit of paper in their hand and pass on by.

THEY made me a 'do not call'; aren't they kind.

I didn't want to go to their memorial anyway.

• jhine
    jhine
    You can have mine if you like , l won't be going ! Jan
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Its crazy to think that anyone would just say yeah I want to go to a strange place with a bunch of strangers they have never met . OK maybe if you offer them some reason to go, food, entertainment, something, anything, a free toy out of a happy meal, something anything. When you think about it, it's really stupid.
  • stephanie61092
    stephanie61092
    It could depend on where you live. At the CLAM meeting the other week, it was announced that we would be leaving them at not at homes except in certain neighborhoods. Some of the deed restricted communities where I live tried to get JWs banned entirely and while unfortunately for all the residents, it wasn't passed, the JWs did have to agree to not leave any litter-ture in doors or under door mats.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    we get nothing around here, no knocks or leaflets nothing, just the crappy carts in the town centre, the last conversation I had with on of them couple of months back as to why you dont call in my neighbourhood or leave leaflets etc she lied and said they do, lying PoS. In 21 years since moving away from my congs territory I have never seen one single memorial invite in the multiple addresses I've lived in, and I was not known to them in those areas
  • Virgochik
    Virgochik

I saw a car group of sisters a couple of streets from my apartment complex. I was out walking and they caught my attention because it's odd to see three women walking down the sidewalk in skirts. They left an invitation on the door of a vacant house with a Remax sign out front. Every day when I walk, it's still on the door, telling everyone the house is empty.

Strangely, it doesn't appear they came to my apartments, tho it's not a gated community. A nearby Baptist church came through today and left flyers for Easter services.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind
    I am campaigning to become an Alderman for my town .I left my election flyers right there next to their Memorial invites . One door had a "No Solicitors sign with No Witnessing added .LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit