My son has a very significant interview today..

by Captain Schmideo2 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Captain Schmideo,

My experience in Korea? It was only for a few weeks. I stayed in Pusan, which is a nice coastal city. I loved the spicey food that makes you sweat every time. Young sisters there were very kind and eager to use their English with foreigners ( one sister whom I barely knew quickly hinted that she would love to marry an American and live in America) and people seemed to be good humored and kind in general. I didn't however like their blunt comments and intrusive questions. Korea is quite the opposite of Japan being somewhat more western in nature, but both countries have tons of great things going for them.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Congratulations to your son. Sending good thoughts!!!!
  • zeb
    zeb

best wishes..

and you are expecting almond eyed grand kids now arnt you .. and every happiness.

Live long and prosper.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    HI! How'd the interview go? I taught overseas for a couple of years and I loved Loved LOVED it!!! The students are excited to learn, they are happy to know you and they are from this very different place-and yet, under all the social, tradition, custom differences, it was fun to see how much we are the same. Hope all goes GREAT for you son.
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    What a different life when you are not stuck in a cult. Hope you get to enjoy his journey and he is very close to you! All the best!
  • Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

As it turns out, this interview with the recruiter was just informational in nature. He states that he can get my son a position for August (!), so I imagine that the "real" interview with the employer will be coming soon...

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Glad it's going well, hope he gets the job!
  • Lieu
    Lieu
    Congrats!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit