My son has a very significant interview today..

by Captain Schmideo2 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

He is just days away from graduation with his Bachelor's in English, and today, he has an interview with a recruiter for an agency that help with finding teaching positions in South Korea.

I took it upon myself to research the company and his interviewer, and it's been high marks all around on both of them. So that's a great ease on my mind.

i just hope the interview (over the phone) goes well, and results in the next steps to getting a position.

My son spent a month in Seoul last Summer, an loved the place. He has friends out there as well, including a young man that he attended classes with here in the States, so I think that's a real plus in taking this very giant leap.

When I was his age, I was slowly working my way through a two year degree, still living at home, and aspiring to nothing more than a job as a repairman. Leaving the country never crossed my mind. I am so very proud of both my sons, and I am so glad that I did not sentence them to the same dead end future I allowed myself to be sentenced to.

Anyway, I appreciate any positive vibes and thoughts you could send our way! (or prayers, if that's your thing. :) )

Updates to come.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Happy for you and him!
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Happy for him! I checked out South Korea, but it was too close to North Korea so I settled for Japan. Love it here!
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Wishing your son the best of luck, I hope he gets the job! My daughter graduates with a BA in English this summer too.
  • OUTLAW
  • Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2
    Bonsai, what details of your experience did you like best?
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

All the best on the interview. My son was in a similar position last year at this time. I was amazed how his interviews with the school board and at a private college went. He got offered jobs at both institutions and is now teaching college English courses.

I am praying for your son and his future...and for you that you have peace about his future.

• Robo Bobo
    Robo Bobo

Wishing him the best.

Just a tip: have him google "employment contracts in South Korea" so he knows what he's getting into.

• Funchback
    Funchback

I left the U.S. and moved to Brazil to teach English. I gave up a management job at Bank of America after 7 years and decided to spread my wings and work doing something I love in a tropical climate on the beach. I began this journey at the young age of 41. I am now 46 and have found love, peace and happiness.

Side note: Even here the JWs have tracked me down...LOL. They pop up at my job to invite me to things like the memorial, even though I have told them that I am an ex-JW. They go to English schools looking for English speakers to attend their English speaking congregations.

Anyway, I'm sure your son will love the experience. All the best to him!

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2
    Robo: he has read the accounts, how contracts sometimes are treated like "guidlines" rather than iron clad. And a lot depends on the school. He is avoiding the infamous Hagwon route.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit