Holiday Plans

by Kathy1978 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Holden Caufield
    Holden Caufield

Might go see some friends

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

My husband and I are flying from the Northeast, USA to Guatemala City to spend the holidays with our daughter, son-in-law and two grandsons. The older will be 4 years old on December 22, so we will have a birthday party too. His brother is just 19 months old. We will drive to lake Atitlan for Christmas. Santa will ride on a fire truck, and there will be fireworks for days.

• blondie
    blondie

Going to Florida, hope to see Universal Studies this year. Tree and special dinner the weekend before.

• menrov
    menrov

Hey... no-one visiting Bethel????

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Doing less but having more fun - Our first Christmas with our granddaughter Zoe was in 2014. This will be her 5th one. We're not getting live trees anymore - we bought a re-usable green tree during the big after-Christmas wrapping paper sale. Zoe does most of the tree trimming and our cat just loves laying under the tree.

Zoe is on winter break from college and getting a good rest, but also having a lot of fun with her friends. It's so good to see her having a normal life. We bought just a few gifts for her, and stocking stuffers for our daughter & son in law. My husband and i are not exchanging any gifts because we're still paying for our most wonderful gift from last year - a full house generator.

I'm planning to cook a big roast and then we'll all play cards or dominoes or just take some big yawning naps

I hope you all enjoy the holiday in the best way that you like♥

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

When I was a bible student we never went out on Xmas day.

We were told in the hall that because that was a special day to others that we should take easy use discernment and respect those that were celebrating.

My country of birth is a catholic country mostly. Maybe because of that, I’m not sure.

I'm so surprised to read that people went to service Xmas day, witnesses would definitely would be mistreated in my home town if dared to knock. Plus most people would be attending church anyways.

Hope you all have a good time this year whatever your plans are. Chilling, celebrating or sleeping.

In the uk we have Boxing Day which is a bank holiday, so an extra chilling day to enjoy. Love it!

• blondie
    blondie

We have a fake very real looking tree, that I decorate. We just don't put it in the front window. We have a special meal while we are on vacation during that time. We plan on visiting some ex-jws on the way down if they are around. Otherwise we will have turkey sandwiches, crudites and dip, pumpkin pie, and eggnog and coffee. We will stop at a rest stop along the way. We are taking a couple of gifts to open during the trip. Otherwise we will do it Christmas Eve. In days gone by we went to a music venue for a free singing secular Christmas songs and a few well-known quasi religious ones. All free. We watch some of those traditional movies too, like the Grinch one (haha).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit