Convention Dramas Let us read the reviews

by RULES & REGULATIONS 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hecce
    Hecce

I don't know about the current instructions for the dramas, in the past they were explicit about using worn out fabrics for the costumes. I have never seen this followed even in today's theatrical super productions.

All of the participants have attires that seem out of a major department store and not of people in the conditions that they are supposed to represent.

• stillin
    stillin

And afterwards, you could get your picture taken with the actual, costumed performers!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

loved The Bunker vid, especially the long curly haired Hispanic chic, hot stuff.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

The Watchtower Society has switched from real congregation members playing Bible characters ( fake costumes, pre-recorded voices), to pre-made ( Hollywood) dramas.

days of future passed stated:

Switching to the pre-made dramas means that another avenue of fun is gone. At least for those that had some pull in the congregations. The live music and food preps are long gone. The society wants to make sure that everything is exactly as they want it.

Here are some real and honest reviews on this Youtube video:

*Ah yes, the ancient Middle East, where the men wear obviously fake beards and speak impeccable American English

*Is it me, or is Watchtower getting more ridiculous?

* I don't know what was worse, the fake wigs, fake beards, horrible acting or bad storyline.

*Why do all the men have beards? I thought this was a Jehovah's Witnesses Production and I was under the impression that beards were unacceptable to true worship.

*Watchtower going Hollywood. This should be interesting.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

jookbeard...loved The Bunker vid, especially the long curly haired Hispanic chic, hot stuff.

I think her name was Elaine.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

They're not dramas. They're pageants.

noun
    plural noun: pageants
    1. 1.
      a public entertainment consisting of a procession of people in elaborate, colourful costumes, or an outdoor performance of a historical scene.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

I like it Snugs: a pageant. Pageants have no need to be anything connected with reality and of course JW dramas have no connection. Its just to put the wind up cult believers to try and keep them loyal to the leadership.

But really! "Your Deliverance is at Hand" blah blah. Who on earth needs being delivered? What a fantastical fantasy? It is so far removed from normal sane life, it is the sort of talk by desperate people forced to live in a cocoon suspended over an active volcano.

I for one want it to be known that I do not wished to be delivered, thank you very much, now or at any time. You can stuff your Biblical deliverance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit