OH...NO! Watchtower Has A New Rule Related To Dress And Grooming

by JW GoneBad 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The new head-of-the-house Max has a problem with how his new stepdaughter (Olivia) looks and dresses.

On the Friday afternoon part 2 Convention video @ 18:10 Max 1st brings it up with Olivia while in the kitchen! Then fast forward to 26:50 thru 27:65 Max bellyaches to new wife (Olivia's mother) & it's handled!

Message to all rank & file JWs....no more fashion torn jeans & beach sandles: :) :) :)

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

...one wonders if 'Tony Tight Pants Morris' had anything to do with this! :) :)

Keep your petty & nagging rules coming WT and attendance at Zoom meetings, Kingdom Hall meetings will keep dropping and the anti JW movement will keep growing!

• titch
    titch

Folks: WEll, if I were still a JW, I would have no problem with beach sandals, worn in an appropriate setting. But, I've seen some people---mostly young persons---both male and female---wearing that new "fashion" of ripped jeans. And, the thought that goes through my mind is "Come on people, show a little class, please!" But, that's just my "take" on the trend in clothing. Best Regards, Everyone.

Titch.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I always wondered about pre worn out jeans anyway.

Footwear is a different matter. Sensible 👞 versus crocs and cowboy boots.

This is the outfit that checks oil on a running engine while wearing a tie.

• BereanThinker7
    BereanThinker7

when were flip flops mentioned?

• JWslave77
    JWslave77

They probably don't want sisters wearing flip flops so that they don't turn on guys that have a foot fetish. I always loved going to conventions, assemblies, and meetings just so I could see the sisters do shoe dipping and slide their shoes off hoping I could get a good look at their toes and soles lol . Max probably doesn't want all the boys getting stiffies over his step daughters sexy feet.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    when were flip flops mentioned?

My bad...@ 18:10 when they're in the kitchen...Max looks down @ Olivia's feet and it sounds like he's saying something about sandals along with her cut-up jeans (the audio is not the best)...as it turns out he's just having a hissy-fit over her jeans!

I take it back...the WTBTS may be okay 👍 with sandals...they just want exemplary all JWs to toss their fashionable jeans 👖! 😀 😀

Thanks for catching that Borean Thinker 7!

BTW...plenty of younger JWs wear these designer jeans...they can go for as much as $150 or more a pair! The ones Olivia has on fetch close to $200.00.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Torn jeans were fashionable back in the late 80s along with stonewashed and acid washed jeans. Were or are they making a comeback or were they always in?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

New? This has always been a rule since they started coming out with those types of jeans now well over 30 years ago. i definitely remember we had COs and circuit conventions where it had been mentioned in the late 90s and early 2000s.

The way it was always explained was that we should always be ready to represent Jehoober and never wear anything reflecting rebellious attitudes or rock and roll or heavy metal or emphasizing our bodies (so no ripped jeans, no tight clothing, no leather). Basically women should always try to wear a skirt, pants only if necessary for the situation or work, men should always wear a nice collared shirt, not tight nor baggy jeans.

Some elder/CO type people go as far as saying that basically you should wear things that are only slightly more comfortable than when you go to a meeting. I know people, ex-Bethelites that basically wore suits to the beach, only leaving behind their jacket and tie.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Ridiculous Ridiculous, Ridiculous! Glad I'm out! Alot of nonsense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit