What do you make of this recent article regarding the United Nations stance towards overriding religions of the world on certain matters?

by devout_no_more 15 Replies latest social current

• sir82
    sir82

The United Nations wouldn't have the ability to enforce fishing limits in a backyard pool, much less "come for your religion".

I wouldn't lose any sleep over the possibility that "maybe the JWs are right".

• devout_no_more
    devout_no_more

Thanks everyone. I don't actually lose any sleep that maybe they're right...that one got me wondering a little bit, however, although I did see the points discussed by Anders that seemed perfectly logical to me that these are protections and it makes tons of sense not to allow religion as an excuse for violence.

I'm pretty sure it was me thinking that originally the WT decided that the UN was the "wild beast" of Revelation, in part, because it was like a man-made representation of God's Kingdom or some such nonsense. None of that really made sense to me, but the article got me wondering a little bit and I felt the need to get in touch with some like-minded individuals (you all) and get some further input.

Thanks for the welcome and insights!

• devout_no_more
    devout_no_more

As it is...my wife is sitting in the other room attending a "Zoom" meeting as I write.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Ask a JW to show you one scripture that explicitly states that the UN is going to destroy religions.,just one.?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Hmph.

The headline probably just gave every WT Loyalist a chubby.

• Half banana
    Half banana

What we are talking about is a modern myth conjured up by the Watchtower religion.

The JW leaders know instinctively that religion is parasitical on society and that the UN is therefore likely to curb its worst excesses. So the WT claims an attack is coming because it wants to chalk up prophetic brownie points when the UN prevents them from doing what they want to do. Much of the later books of the NT are built around themes of coming persecution which would have looked like divinely inspired warning to the humble converts back in those days.

As if God's enemy is the UN? By being driven by Satan it substitutes for the Kingdom of God mentioned in the Bible so they say. (There is no possible tangible connection, the NT was written nearly 2000 years ago) The JW version of the kingdom teaching is a rather dodgy invisible date shifting non-entity which nobody can pin down as a reality.

However, and it's a very big however, since the Watchtower religion (using their own terms of reference) had joined the UN as a political 'paramour', God has now permanently disqualified it from the running as his chosen channel.................

Sorry Watchtower you have spoiled your copy book and are out in the cold. No sorry it's too late! Protest all you like but you, the Watchtower religion lusted after the UN wild beast and you have got your just deserts! You were busted by the Guardian Newspaper, talk about embarrassment! God is now no longer interested in you. Plead all you like but there are plenty of other religions with much greater integrity which can pick up the threads. . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit