Is this 2034 date actually something the cult put out?

by mickbobcat 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

So I have heard this 120 preaching time and 2034 end date. Are they pushing another set time of is this something someone else came up with?

• TD
    TD

No.

The idea was insinuated, but it was never formally stated.

More than that, it is contradicted in their own Bible encyclopedia.

• waton
    waton

, : ----that just comes out of the rumor mill., --all ignoring Act 1:7 which was read this Sunday at the wt "study".

Here is food for thought: An overlapper that was anointed at 20 years of age, was familiar with br. F.Franz, would be only 62 years old in 2034. ` 40 years to go to my decade, and the target date implicity set by D. Splane; --- 2075

.the creator has set eternity into the minds of humanity, but apparently with wt writers in particular.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

They will NEVER put a date in any publication, they know it will come back to bite them. I could see them telling circuit overseers to pass it onto elders and get everyone excited though. I don’t know how anyone could put stock in them selecting a date. 1879, 1914, 1925, 1975, they’ve fucked up so much and have never got one thing right.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Scroll down for scans. This subject has been discussed several times.

Petra!
  • Simon
    Simon

There's a Y2K type date issue with 2038, todo with long integers. I can see some doom-and-gloom predictions being linked to that. The dates are close enough to be confused / transposed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

How many times can they extend the GT ,big A coming before the R&F wake up that the G.B. just do not have a clue themselves ?

The carrot of a paradise on earth for the faithful JW``s keeps on moving further and further into some future obscure date .

Meanwhile faithful loyal elderly Jehovah`s witnesses keep dying off never realizing their hope of entering into a New World Paradise Earth promised by the Governing Body of Jehovah`s Witnesses .

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Isaac Newton predicted 2060

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The September 2020 Study Watchtower repeated a comment about the 120 years of Noah, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suspect an implicit message here.

18 We can be sure that the Kingdom-preaching work will be completed with no delay. Consider what happened in the days of Noah. Jehovah proved that he is the perfect Timekeeper. Some 120 years in advance, Jehovah fixed the time for the Flood to begin. Decades later, Jehovah commissioned Noah to build the ark. For perhaps 40 or 50 years before the Flood began, Noah continued to work hard. Despite facing an unresponsive audience, he kept preaching the warning message until Jehovah said that it was time to bring the animals into the ark. Then, right on time, “Jehovah shut the door.”​

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-study-september-2020/Do-Not-Let-Your-Hand-Rest/

• waton
    waton
    Jehovah fixed the time

sbf: the last 120 years, god has really fixed* the timing of the wt prophecies, 1879-2000. including 1918:" Millions now living will never die."

he has fixed* them for good, as false, failed as they were, for all to check.

* fixed ", as in " I'll fix your wagon."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit